Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011

+14
yeti21586
Alex
hudnormsue852
myminimonster
Red Riley
asahartz
elfgirl
miniman86
RobBFG
Big_Al_Smith
Admin
Elf Service
discoman41
TONYELF
18 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011

Post  TONYELF Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 pm

elfgirl wrote:If we can't get tickets for 8 cars, then I do think we really need at least one of the 57's. I'm happy to travel up as a passenger with someone if they can squeeze me and the boy in!
Definately like the idea of a block booking and dinner / drinks.
Thanks for looking into this Tony.

I agree we should have at least Steves 57 (which is almost a cert) Kevin is a "maybe" but hopefully we will have both!

Dave Hollis has asked me to write an article for the Club Mag which I'm working on at the moment so, in doing him a favour, I expect one in return LOL. He is hoping to get the mag out before Bingley in order to madvertise the show. wish me luck! thanks for offering your place if nec.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011

Post  discoman41 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:02 am

Good luck with your negotiating Tony! I'm sure you can twist his arm so that we can all get in! Smile

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Not heard from Dave Hollis yet but the latest copy of Mini Driver dropped through letter box this morning with news of fellow members Jean and Graham Harpers Hornet being used in the September release of a film called Soulboy. See if you can recognise the handsome guy driving a nice Elf in picture below the article! Embarassed
I will continue to pile the pressure on Mr Hollis!
Copy of page below for benefit of members who are not members of the British Mini Club
Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011 - Page 2 MinDriverMAG490
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Yup, spotted that one Tony!

Really want to get Elfie back on the road for this summer but the stupid Council's planning committee has turned down my garage (even though the planning officers recommended approval!) so there's delays. Mad
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:23 pm

I have some experience with planning applications,(ex Council engineer) whats your problem? you could pm me with details and I'll try and find a loop hole or two (no promises tho!)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Tony,

I was thinking it would be nice if all the EHR members displaying at Bingley wore a t-shirt (or sweatshirt depending on the weather) that celebrated the 50th.... I really like Brian's (red riley) play on the EHR logo where he has added the script re the 50th.... a) Our mate at autotees could surey knock some out for us, with that logo plus the Riley and Wolseley Badges.... b) do you think Brian would agree to us using it?

What do you think?

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 am

I think it is a great idea Jase. It had already crossed my mind together with our names too?
A) I'll have a word with my mate Steve (Autotees) to see if he could do it for us.
I am pretty sure Brian will let us use his design but it depends on whether Steve can do it.(he has produced a coloured shirt for me as a special thank you for advertising on many mini club sites and getting his business off the ground.but that was a one off. We'll see
I'll contact Steve first and test him out. I'll keep you posted.

On the subject of Bingley, I've not heard from them about the stand as yet,they do tend to leave it late sending the passes out before shows. Maybe you've had that problem with the Foresters?
I have mentioned to Dave Hollis about booking a hotel for the members and could he let me know asap.
Tony

TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi Tony,

What's the latest??

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:40 am

OK, Seriously need to know what's happening on this one. In the post Christmas attempt at being a little more frugal I need to know about booking hotels etc.

Also how many cars can we take? At last count I was on the reserve list - which is possibly not a major problem as when I tried to take Katy out on Thursday to get the brake lights sorted - she didn't start Sad .However I'm hoping it's nothing too major and she did fire up Ok on Tues (first time I've tried in a few weeks) and I took her for a quick run round the block and all was fine. If she's got a place on the stand then I'll do what I can to try and find a way to get her sorted. If not I'll just need to know who I can get a lift off as I would still like to join you all for the weekend.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  miniman86 Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm

I spoke to Steve Bourke today (with the Heinz) and he said he is still up for doing this, so long as the weather is ok. is this definately still going ahead though?

miniman86

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 am

Hi Folks. Sorry to be a little lax in reply.

Owing to The British Mini Club treating me like a mushroom (keeping me in the dark) I have enlisted the help of elf service and discoman to see if they can help me get some responce...being the holiday period at the mo there has been none.
I understand that the BMC are often late in letting people know if they are successful in getting tickets and passes for their show.

We will keep you informed of the situation.

TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Just spoken with Jase - it looks like all systems are go!! Nice one mate Very Happy
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Hello Everyone (again) tried to send this before but the forum hates me

Right!

Bingley Hall. - We have 11 confirmed spaces for the E/H Register on the special birthday stand arranged by BMC (Tricia used her considerable charm to sort this out as BMC kind of left Tony hanging in the wind)

So, the confirmations we have so far are - 10 cars confirmed

Tony Haslam
Jason Christopher (me)
Alistair Smith
Steve Bourke
Alex Groves
Sarah Johnson
Ray Paterson
Rob Doughty
Nicholas Ellis
Andrew Brain

Possibles are

Richard from Hilltop Minis

Kevin Ford (Heinz 57) can't make it unfortunately Sad

If anyone else wants to go let me know as soon as possible and I will do my best to accommodate.

Tricia and I have booked ourselves at the Premier Inn Stafford Road, Shropshire,Newport TF10 9BY

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/NEWBEE/newport/telford

So if anyone wants to join us for the night before, get yourselves booked in as soon as possible.

For those coming a long way maybe a good idea to stay overnight as we will need to be in place on the stand at stupid o'clock in the morning no doubt.

When we arrive for Health and Safety reg reasons we can only have 1/4 tank of fuel in each car, and Batteries must be disconnected.

I think thats it, if anyone wants to contact me with any problems/queries (relating to this show only i'm not an agony aunt) then ring or text me on 07900492712, or email bigjase1@btinternet.com, or pm me on this forum, or facebook me (Jason Christopher)

Happy New year! Very Happy

Jase

PS - Forgot to say, if you want a special TShirt (designed by autotees) showing the EH logo plus 50 years.... they will be £13 payable to me on the day and I need to know sizes please asap..... (T Shirts are optional as Tony and I thought it would be a good way to advertise the register Smile)

Last edited by discoman41 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks again Jase, glad you posted the link as I had actually booked into another, totally different Premier Inn - ooops!! Fortunately that one was fully refundable and I got a better deal on this one!!
SJ x
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks to Trish and Jason for saving the day.
The way I was feeling about it and the sleep I lost over it thinking I'd let you all down, I doubt I would have been so charming as Trish over the phone had I been able to use it! Very Happy (for those who don't know me, I'm a litttle hard of hearing)
Looking back DH (Dave Hollis)of BMC told me in his email that he was hoping to have a special stand of 10 cars and I had said I was hoping for more than 10 before he said that!
The link for the Premier Inn is the correct one I suggested to Jase. It has a Beefeater Restaurant on site so we can have a drink (or two!)
It is a lovely run to the showground along the A 518 approximately 17 miles at most.
There is large area where you may wash the car (if needs be)before taking it into the Show hall. I used it a few years ago and the water was bl**dy freezing so bting some Marigolds! (rubber gloves for those who are fortunate to have a dishwasher!)
Here is Steve's T shirt design mentioned by Jason. We hope you like it
My room is booked now for £29
Bingley Hall. Staffs. 30th Jan 2011 - Page 2 ElfHornet50th_01

Photo bucket. This design is the Elf Hornet Registers own copyright.Please do not remove. Thankyo

Last edited by TONYELF on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 am

The shirts are looking great Tony.

What is Steve's deadline for sizes in order to get them despatched to us?

Are they only in Blue or can we have whatever colour we want?

I'll start off by requesting Large in black please! Smile

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Likewise, I love the design.

I'm going to be really fussy and ask if they come in a v-neck. I like the idea of all weraing the same t-shirt but I look totally hideous in round necks and am really reluctant at the moment to spend money on something I will never wear again except when my Mum comes to stay and I need to find something to sleep in!! If he does a v-neck it'll have large in a women's size or medium if it's a mens / unisex. Preferably black, red or white. If it's only a normal t-shirt can I pass and still be on the stand?

Sorry that's really picky I know Embarassed
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:06 pm

hey guys, apologies for not being about - my pc upped and died just before xmas - just got another one up and running and was lucky that all the club stuff was able to be saved from the old hard drive!

i've booked two rooms at the same travel inn for myself, mum and ray and we're all looking forward to it.

happy 2011 to everyone too...
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:26 pm

elfgirl wrote:Likewise, I love the design.

I'm going to be really fussy and ask if they come in a v-neck. I like the idea of all weraing the same t-shirt but I look totally hideous in round necks and am really reluctant at the moment to spend money on something I will never wear again except when my Mum comes to stay and I need to find something to sleep in!! If he does a v-neck it'll have large in a women's size or medium if it's a mens / unisex. Preferably black, red or white. If it's only a normal t-shirt can I pass and still be on the stand?

Tricia has said exactly the same thing - V neck or nothing! lol. I'll check with Steve at autotees and let you know. Did you want one for Marc? Smile
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:29 pm

v neck? just take a pair of scissors and alter them as necessary Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 pm

discoman41 wrote:

I'm going to be really fussy and ask if they come in a v-neck. I like the idea of all wearing the same t-shirt but I look totally hideous in round necks and am really reluctant at the moment to spend money on something I will never wear again except when my Mum comes to stay and I need to find something to sleep in!! If he does a v-neck it'll have large in a women's size or medium if it's a mens / unisex. Preferably black, red or white. If it's only a normal t-shirt can I pass and still be on the stand?

Tricia has said exactly the same thing - V neck or nothing! lol. I'll check with Steve at autotees and let you know. Did you want one for Marc? Smile

Jase.on that note I should leave it with you, I don't want to bother Steve if you are contacting him. He has said he is happy to pull stops out for us for Bingley. That ok with you? Mine is a large, in any colour as long as it's not PINK !
Sarah, Jase and I thought most members would be happy to buy these shirts for several mini shows this year, as they will all be celebrating the Elf/Hornet Birthday (like they did with the vans last year) The idea was to advertise the Register. There is no obligation either way.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 am

TONYELF wrote:
discoman41 wrote:

I'm going to be really fussy and ask if they come in a v-neck. I like the idea of all wearing the same t-shirt but I look totally hideous in round necks and am really reluctant at the moment to spend money on something I will never wear again except when my Mum comes to stay and I need to find something to sleep in!! If he does a v-neck it'll have large in a women's size or medium if it's a mens / unisex. Preferably black, red or white. If it's only a normal t-shirt can I pass and still be on the stand?

Jase.on that note I should leave it with you, I don't want to bother Steve if you are contacting him. He has said he is happy to pull stops out for us for Bingley. That ok with you? Mine is a large, in any colour as long as it's not PINK !
Sarah, Jase and I thought most members would be happy to buy these shirts for several mini shows this year, as they will all be celebrating the Elf/Hornet Birthday (like they did with the vans last year) The idea was to advertise the Register. There is no obligation either way.

Perfectly fine with me Tony. I'll contact Steve at Autotees and find out what his deadline is. Smile

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 am

More than happy to advertise the register - just not with my double chin in it's full glory!! The only t-shirts I have from shows are the L2B ones as they come with the run pack, and I don't wear them either.

At least you're on the ball Jase, Would definately need one for Marc - he'd never forgive me. Aged 9 but big for his age so at least a age 10-11 or could get him a small adult if he doesn't do kids.

Thanks Tricia I don't feel like quite such a fussy cow now.

How much, do we need to pay upfront, paypal, cheque (think I've still got some somewhere) bank transfer, other options?
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 am

elfgirl wrote:More than happy to advertise the register - just not with my double chin in it's full glory!! The only t-shirts I have from shows are the L2B ones as they come with the run pack, and I don't wear them either.

At least you're on the ball Jase, Would definately need one for Marc - he'd never forgive me. Aged 9 but big for his age so at least a age 10-11 or could get him a small adult if he doesn't do kids.

Thanks Tricia I don't feel like quite such a fussy cow now.

How much, do we need to pay upfront, paypal, cheque (think I've still got some somewhere) bank transfer, other options?

Top Girl! Nothing to pay up front. I will buy them on ordering, then everyone can give me £13 on the day, when they get their shirt. pirat
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:36 am

Jase , I think Steve will let us have them on Trust if nec.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next