Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuel pump wiring

2 posters

Go down

fuel pump wiring Empty fuel pump wiring

Post  Leonardojose Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm

I have no power at the fuel pump. Previous owner ran new power lines from front wiring loom. Wires seem ok but no power. Is the Elf equipped with a oil pressure switch that controls power to the fuel pump and used as a cut off in the event the engine stops running? Or does anyone know where else the lines run in the loom? Are they fused? The pump has 3 lines to it. One is a chassis ground from the centre back of the pump are the other two power or is one a ground through the loom? Thanks. L,
Leonardojose
Leonardojose

Back to top Go down

fuel pump wiring Empty Re: fuel pump wiring

Post  asahartz Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Nothing as sophisticated as that!

There should be two wires, so someone has added the other one. Black is ground and white is power. This should be joined in a bullet connector under the scuttle, in front of the steering wheel I guess on a LHD car, then supplied from the fusebox, fuse 2 (there are only 2!), white wire.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

fuel pump wiring Empty fuse not tight

Post  Leonardojose Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 am

I removed the cap and have only two fuses. One of the fuse clips was misshaped, with needle nose pliers I reshaped it to hold the fuse tight. Pump is now working and fuel is flowing. BUT now I think I have a vacuum leak. idle pluses from normal idle up to about 1200 rpm and then back down. Engine doesn't shut off and will run but when I apply the fuel pedal seems like it wants to dies so I'm guessing vacuum leak...somewhere. The people I got this car from had extensive engine work completed years back and only put about 600 miles on it during that period. Oil pressure is strong and temps are running normal.
Leonardojose
Leonardojose

Back to top Go down

fuel pump wiring Empty photo of car

Post  Leonardojose Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

How can I post a photo of my car under my name??
Leonardojose
Leonardojose

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 am

You mean an avatar? It's in your profile under it's own tab.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down