Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wiring diagram?!?!

+2
Red Riley
miniman86
6 posters

Go down

wiring diagram?!?! Empty wiring diagram?!?!

Post  miniman86 Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:35 am

hey, anyone got a wiring diagram for a mk3 auto hornet, as i've looked through all 3 different haynes manuals for the mini, (the pink, yellow, and blue 1) and none of them seem to have any kind of wiring diagram for a hornet/elf? the pink & yellow haynes books say they cover the elf/hornet but no diagrams?? i need it to find out why my headlamps dont work, and why i have no brake lights. thanks

Alex

miniman86

Back to top Go down

wiring diagram?!?! Empty Re: wiring diagram?!?!

Post  Red Riley Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:47 pm

If you have no head or brake lights, I would think it's most likely a bad connector somewhere. I've found these before by just starting at the fuse block or at the lamp in question (with the circuit turned on of course) and working my way through the harness, twisting each bullet connector I come to in the harness and seeing if it affects the lamp. The wiring diagram shouldn't be any different than an auto Mini, but not sure it would do you that much good anyway.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Oh, good luck with that Alex. I had a bad earth that I spend ages trying to trace, checking and cleaning all the connectors etc. Indicators didn't work when I had the brake lights on!!! I thought it was somewhere in the rear light cluster but couldn't sort it out - until someone very kindly Evil or Very Mad bumped me from behind and caused a rather nasty dent. Not at all pleasant but until it happened I didn't realise how much filler was back there and despite the damage it did manage to sort my connection out - not a solution I would recommed tho!

BTW I did try and refer to the wiring diagram when doing this and I bore no ressemable to any of my manuals either!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

wiring diagram?!?! Empty Wiring Diagram

Post  myshell Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:33 am

I have the wiring diagram which is in the Elf Handbook and definitely works with Mk111 ( I used it with success on my restoration ).

If you or anyone else wants a copy please send a private message and I will email a copy.

As well as a single A4 copy of the diagram I have also enlarged it into 6 - A4 sheets which can be joined together
which makes it easier to read.

Cable colour code and key to wiring diagram is also included.

myshell

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:36 pm

this does sound like it could be a blown fuse - there is an inline fuseholder as part of the wiring loom under the bulkhead behind the carb that can blow and takes the headlights and brake lights etc with it - worth a look?
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:08 pm

It's the same as the early Mini diagram. You might find useful my colour version, with the key. This is the 1970 version but it's virtually the same.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  miniman86 Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm

thanks for your replies everyone, brake lights aren't working due to not having any brakes at the moment, and i didn't realise that they worked off a pressure switch untill i looked on the top of the brake pedal for a switch (i have afew later minis, 1st early car i've had!) so hopefully, once brakes are done this will sort that. and sorted the head lamps today, 1 of the connections on the main beam/flash switch on the collum wasn't making, so bent it back and is now all sorted!! hoping to have this motd by friday!! i will put pics up when shes all finished!! Very Happy thanks again

miniman86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum