Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to fit electric fuel pump

2 posters

Go down

how to fit electric fuel pump Empty how to fit electric fuel pump

Post  psychobob Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 am

i have got hold of a facet 5psi fuel pump and a filterking regulator/filter to swap for the mechanical pump. can the pump be rubber mounted to the back of the rear bulkhead in the boot along with the regulator? i believe they where originally bolted to the subframe underneath. i worry about ground clearance with it underneath and it will surely get covered in mud? also which order do they go in from the tank? i guess the regulator comes after the pump but does that mean i'll need another inline filter before the pump to stop it getting silted up? any help would be great as i'm a bit clueless!
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

how to fit electric fuel pump Empty Re: how to fit electric fuel pump

Post  superworm Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 pm

The cylindrical Facet Pumps comes with a built in filter - maybe the solid state ones do also but I have no experience of them. As an ancient Rally man we used to fit the Facet pumps to the bootside of the Rear Bulkhead as you suggest (we also ran the fuel/brake lines inside the car) - making sure that the bracket bolt heads were inside the car rather than the tails which could be a bit painfull on your back if you were using the back seat for any reason (!!!!!!?????). The Filter King/Regulator is itself primarily a filter - we fitted them inside the engine bay securely bracketed to the fwd bulkhead. You shouldn't need any more filters.........however, note my comments regarding something to cut off the pump in the event of some misfortune!!(using the minispares version, it could also act as an anti-theft device so could be secreted under the dash somewhere.

Cheers
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum