Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooklands - 29th March 2009

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brooklands - 29th March 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Brooklands - 29th March 2009

Post  TONYELF Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:46 pm

How come you don't suffer from SJ's wrath for referring to her A****S ?
I call that favouritism ! Smile
Mot's ? Bah! They have to be a good thing though, I would hate a vehicle to smash into me and find it wasn't Mot'd and as for them being on the DVLA's computer and the fact that the Police can check that out in a matter of seconds and also see if it's insured at the same time is bordering on a Police state which I am afraid will have to come. There are too many people getting away with it and our insurances are going up to cover us against these scoundrels.

I'm off my soap box now!

A mate of mine used to just take his car in for it's Mot aithout even checking anything. He reckoned it nearly always passed!
He used to spend £££££££££££££ on the likes of windscreen wiper blades etc and they would fail it on some thing else! So his theory was.
Take it in and if it fails, Fix/replace those failure points and they have to pass it, They can't look for anything else on second test as that means they didn't check it the first time meaning they hadn't examined it properly at all!

My point is that I like to watch them (get my moneys worth!) but not all Mot stations allow this which I think is wrong.
Back to Ruperts Mot, My son is a Mot tester (and no he doesn't test my cars!) tells me that if any body part near a chassis/ subframe anchorage point is showing signs of fatigue or is eaten away by rust must be rectified. I agree with the logic of this.
The wheel bearing is debatable but as you know is easy to solve.

So onto your future projects. Door re skins . Can I say to make sure you get as much of the old skin off on the top lip otherwise when new skin is folded over the old (as mine was) the cill chrome clip would not fit over the cill. Mine is held on with clear window sealant!!!!! Even new clips won't go over (I had a lengthy emailing session with gordon about this)
I have a larger tank but am advised by others on an earlier thread that the neck is at the wrong angle and the boot hinge will foul it.
It will be interesting to see your progress on this list
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brooklands - 29th March 2009 - Page 2 Empty MOT

Post  discoman41 Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:45 pm

TONYELF wrote:How come you don't suffer from SJ's wrath for referring to her A****S ?
I call that favouritism ! Smile

Back to Ruperts Mot, My son is a Mot tester (and no he doesn't test my cars!) tells me that if any body part near a chassis/ subframe anchorage point is showing signs of fatigue or is eaten away by rust must be rectified. I agree with the logic of this.

SJ gives me as good as I give!!! Usually in person at events! I have broad shoulders, I can take it!!! lol

As for Rupe's sill, it's nowhere near excessive and not within 6 inches of the anchorage point. Still fairly sound, but my tester advises it probably would need doing before the next test. He knows me well enough to know I will get it done straight away in any case.

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Sj has a blue belt in judo but I'm half expecting a belt round the ear 'ole when we meet LOL

I understand where you are coming from regarding the Mot tester knowing you will do it straight away. I took part tin my Mot testers training when he was an apprentice! He still fails my cars ! Shocked
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Is this let's pick on SJ week!!

Karate, actually Tony - lucky for you it's a non-contact version!! Don't worry you'll still get that cuppa I owe you! BTW heater is working much better with the plate. OK gonna move to another thread now with my next question before I go totally off topic.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Smile Smile Smile Neutral
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content