Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hornet, comlete with rust !!

+6
Admin
Big_Al_Smith
We Are The Mods
asahartz
TONYELF
troutrunner
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Empty Re: My Hornet, comlete with rust !!

Post  CamelotR Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:44 am

I agree. This car looks a very good aprentice, but shot blasting is simply necessary for long lasting rust treatment - imo.

Keep up the good work, a few hundred hours and You'll have a pretty car Very Happy .

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Empty Two Years Later, rusuming play...............

Post  troutrunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello you all,
I must admit I have hardly moved forward with this project but we are about to. My eldest son (26 & Mini Mad) said to me the other day "How about if I do the Hornet and get it all sorted, you can use it when you want but it becomes mine", I said I would think on it. Well I thought a little and thought a little more and came back with my thoughts and I said to Richard "Right, you do most of the welding, I will make up repair panels and do the donkey work, you help when needed and then, I still own it, you can use it when you want and so can I, but when I pop me clogs it becomes yours. Laughing

So watch this space Cool
troutrunner
troutrunner

Back to top Go down

My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Empty Re: My Hornet, comlete with rust !!

Post  steves mk3 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh my thats alot of work but very satisfying when completed

steves mk3

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:46 am

decent plan! Very Happy

another good idea is to never leave the garage until you have accomplished something on the car, even if it's cold and wet ouside and all you've done is cleaned and painted a seat bracket or something, at least something has been accomplished Very Happy it works for me.....usually!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  troutrunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 pm

My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 WaveOver the Holiday we are going to assess what panels we can make and what we need to buy and put in an order.My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Thumbsup

A photy as I get ready to scrape and clean the bottom Very Happy
My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 SAM_7967

I have done a little cleaning since this shot, so will get some more photy's todayMy Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Tipmehat

My Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Tree11 Merry Christmas to allMy Hornet, comlete with rust !! - Page 3 Tree11
troutrunner
troutrunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3