Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows!

+2
bmcelf
theprodigyuuk
6 posters

Go down

hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows! Empty hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows!

Post  theprodigyuuk Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 am

Hello all i have a mk3 elf. i really wanna restore but is a bit like bible at the mo...holy? the more i play with it the more work i see it needs. this is my first clasic car i love it dearly but being a novice 24 year old. im not sure how biger job this really is? or if its worth the time and money. any one in my area out ther fancey a cuppa and a butchers???? the names shaun and my no. is 07774087047 thanks

theprodigyuuk

Back to top Go down

hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows! Empty Re: hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows!

Post  bmcelf Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:52 am

Shaun,

The restoration always looks the worst when you start, even overwhelming. It is a great and very rewarding project to do. You will learn a lot and you will be surprised at how much progress you make in a short time. Lots of people on this forum will offer guidance and help in the whole project. Just think of how it will be to drive YOUR restored Elf down the road........

It will be worth all the headaches and costs that seemed to block the way. Stick with it!!

Jim
bmcelf
bmcelf

Back to top Go down

hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows! Empty Re: hello its me the new person from hampshire no 1 knows!

Post  discoman41 Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:51 am

Welcome Shaun! Keep the faith and keep at it! It can be all too easy to give up on a restoration, but the feeling when you achieve it is amazing.

There are plenty of photographic records on this forum of members' restorations, including my own, to inspire your progress. The most important thing is to be patient and not rush it. Do it in a rush and you do it twice usually.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 pm

hey Shaun,

I've found out this week (via this forum) that there are only 327 Elfs on the road - go for it hun - every one counts. Lots of moral support on here, not sure if we've got anyone on or near hampshire, but it's definately worth persevering!!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono_h Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 am

Whereabouts in Hants are you Shaun? I'm in Farnborough.

You need to be very patient, little bits at a time and give yourself a break if you've had enough. I restored a Mini Pickup many years ago, but would go weeks without touching it when I'd had enough.

Despite swearing I'd never do another restoration I'm on the lookout for an Elf!

Jono_h

Back to top Go down

Post  martin k Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 pm

theprodigyuuk wrote:Hello all i have a mk3 elf. i really wanna restore but is a bit like bible at the mo...holy? the more i play with it the more work i see it needs. this is my first clasic car i love it dearly but being a novice 24 year old. im not sure how biger job this really is? or if its worth the time and money. any one in my area out ther fancey a cuppa and a butchers???? the names shaun and my no. is 07774087047 thanks
im in ringwood if you need a chat or inspiration Very Happy my no is in the newsletter cheers martin
martin k
martin k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down