Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Aldershot Hampshire!!

4 posters

Go down

Hello from Aldershot Hampshire!! Empty Hello from Aldershot Hampshire!!

Post  Denny1965 Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi guys im new to this forum, ive come across it before and apparently my car was registered with it by the previous owner Smile i have a 1965 Riley Elf mkII in blue and white. ill post pictures up when i figure out how. it had a small feature in fast car magazine because i went up to fast show with another car club im with and it drew a lot more attention than i thought it would, being a modified car show. Ive currently got it in my garage and myself and my dad are stripping all the chrome off it to get it all re-chromed and sorting out the mechanicals and things. If anyone could help with finding a bonnet spear for me it would be much appreciated and the studs on my have corroded off Sad

Denny1965

Back to top Go down

Hello from Aldershot Hampshire!! Empty Re: Hello from Aldershot Hampshire!!

Post  Jono_h Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi there Denny,

I'm just down the road in Farnborough. I haven't got anything much in the way of spare parts, bu if you need a hand let me know.

Jon

Jono_h

Back to top Go down

Post  Denny1965 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Ah fairly close then Smile well if need be I can lend a hand to you as well. I'm confused at the minute on how to remove the rear license plate light chrome base? I don't know if I disconnect it or what. We shall see though Smile

Denny1965

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 am

Denny1965 wrote:Ah fairly close then Smile well if need be I can lend a hand to you as well. I'm confused at the minute on how to remove the rear license plate light chrome base? I don't know if I disconnect it or what. We shall see though Smile
Should be two screws that hold the outer cover and lens in place, then two bolts through the bumper that hold the base on. If the wires are still attached, find the bullet connectors about a foot up the wire and pull them. The base will pull out through the bumper.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Denny1965 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Aha thank you very much Smile that makes sense.

Denny1965

Back to top Go down

Hello from Aldershot Hampshire!! Empty HI Denny

Post  Coco_ChanElf Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm originally from Guildford but my brother lives in Aldershot. He has been reporting Elf sightings to me, perhaps it was you!
Smile
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down