Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to forum

3 posters

Go down

New to forum Empty New to forum

Post  mart0_10 Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi

Im Martyn from Lincolnshire, I bought an Elf last year. In faireness its in very good condition for the money I paid for it.
TEH 406F. Its spent a lot of its life in Wales and it had been well looked after.

A friend to us is a classic car restorer, I don't have the equipment, space or time to do a full restore (I knew this before I bought it)
So I have done a deal for him to do it for me, he looked the car over before I bought it. I know it is an expensive option, I have gone through
it price wise with him and Im happy. He gave me basic options to keep it on the road with minimal work or a full restore.

I have chosen the full restore, It will cost more than its worth at present, however in my defence I plan to keep it.
I also have seen it stripped down now and know the work it took to get the body work back to origional.
(in this case 1 x 'A' panel, 2 x Outer sills, 1 x Inner sill, 2 x front wings.)

He is over the road from my work so I am able to pop in and see its progress, nothing is hidden as its fully stripped.

Work to do.
Engine / gearbox rebuild
New interior and dash
re-chromed bright works

It's a loverly little car, every time I see it it makes me smile.
If you read this and don't like the way I have gone about it (a more money than sence approach) at least its one that has been saved
and will be looked after. Also as the work is all being done at the start it will hopefully give me many years of use where I only
have to service it.

Question I have.

Once its done I want to protect it from being Nicked, as its small you could pick it up and job done.
Whats the best method of protection do you think. Insurance want alarms etc which I have thought of
any other comments would be welcome.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Martyn

mart0_10

Back to top Go down

New to forum Empty Re: New to forum

Post  troutrunner Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 am

Hi Martyn, New to forum Welcome where in Lincolnshire are you ? I am near Ropsley, just along the A52 from Grantham. I have just had the entry form for Swaton Vintage Day it's on the 30th of June, tiss a good little show with plenty of everything to see, a very good day out.

Good luck with your car New to forum Cheers1
troutrunner
troutrunner

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 am

Welcome to the Forum Martyn. That would be Andy Hamer's Elf. he is a friend of mine and introduced me to the club. Nice to see it being taken on by an enthusiast. Good Luck with your venture.
Tony
Admin
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mart0_10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi

Thanks Tony

I look forward to the day she is up and running again, Mine is a mark 3, do you know how much it would have cost new in 1968?
As I mentioned I'm fortunate as it has been well looked after during its life.

Regards

Martyn

mart0_10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down