Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Forum

3 posters

Go down

New to Forum Empty New to Forum

Post  effey Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Very Happy Hi This is my first posting.I am the proud owner of a Mk3 Elf.It was given to me by a very good friend in 1994.it had been stored for many years and has only had one owner (not a very careful one judging by the dents).I started the resto all guns blazing in 1994,removed engine,subframes etc.I fitted new correct pattern outer sills and A plates.The old sills were obviously cut out and the new ones seam welded in.Other commitments stopped work for quite a few years until a personal tragedy in 2004 spurred me into action once again and the subframes and mechanics were re fitted.Work ground to a halt again but having recently retired now have the usual time but no money situation.Work has now re started in earnest.New wheel cylinders and pipes,suspension pumped up (with a clean greasegun and home made adaptor),dents filled and body being rubbed down.I have had the paint colour matched and mixed before the new strict regulations.My aim is to get the car on the road ready for late spring 2012 and enter the Barley Parade at Cardigan West Wales.My only slight problem is that because of the time that the car has been off the road it has never been registered on a V5.I have contacted the DVLA and they confirmed that there is no record of it ever having a V5.In order to retain its original registration,(which has no great value since it has a suffix).I will need a club dedicated to the marque to verfy that the car actually exists.DVLA suggested sending a photo of the car to the club which could be used to confirm that the car was genuine and that this photo together with the relevant paperwork can be taken to my local office in Cardiff to reclaim my original reg.It seems an excellent idea to join the register which I intend doing but can anyone confirm that the club can assist me in this matter.

effey

Back to top Go down

New to Forum Empty Welcome

Post  Coco_ChanElf Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 pm

I can't answer your reg. query, but hello and welcome. I'm quite new here myself, but the people here are so kind and welcoming and they are a mine of information!
Good luck with your Elf restoration and please do post photos. Smile
I have a Mk III myself - dark brown and cream. What colour is your Elf? Very Happy
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

New to Forum Empty Re: New to Forum

Post  RobBFG Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Welcome to the forum. Very Happy

I'm not too sure how you'd go about proving / finding it's reg, but a Heritage Certificate would probably be a wise investment under the circumstances.

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=169

They can provide the details of the manufacture and factory finish of your car which will help prove it's existence.
RobBFG
RobBFG

Back to top Go down

New to Forum Empty Re: New to Forum

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum