Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.

4 posters

Go down

In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.  Empty In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.

Post  imadam Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello folks,

I've been in search for the name or colour code for an Riley Elf Mark 3 (1968) for a while now. Have searched around and been to a few paint shops with no luck. Would really appreciate your help and any information you could give me and/or where I can buy paint for a touch up. The car is a green but I'm unsure of the name or colour code. Would really mean the world if you was able to help.

Heres some pictures...

In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.  Img-2010

In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.  Img-2011

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replys Smile

imadam

Back to top Go down

In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.  Empty Re: In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.

Post  Red Riley Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Looks like Cumberland Green to me. As far as I know that was the only Green offered on MKIII Elfs.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.  Empty Re: In need of advice on paint colour for Riley Elf III.

Post  imadam Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 pm

WOW! Thank you so much for your speedly reply, really does mean alot. Would you happen to know where I could buy paint online? Thanks again!

imadam

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Not really. I can't tell from your profile where you are, but any good paint shop should be able to make you some paint if you tell them it's Cumberland Green GN-35. Just be aware that they might have to custom match touch-up paint to your car since the 44 year old paint has most likely faded a bit since new.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  imadam Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Thank you so much sir, you truely don't know how thankful I am. Been searching around for 3months looking for paint. Very Happy

imadam

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:00 am

Lovely car, nice photos. Welcome to our forum.
Like Red Riley says, we can't tell where you are located so why not help yourself further by adding your town?
That way, any other members who may live in your locality would be able to point you in the right direction for allsorts, including paint suppliers.
TONYELF
Admin

BTW your paintwork look superb and original.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono_h Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 am

Did they do a willow green as well? I've a mk3 which is allegedly this colour, which I thought was oriiginal?

Jono_h

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I've rescued this from an archived internet file and put it on my own website for safekeeping.
Colours
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  imadam Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:24 am

Thanks for your replys everyone. Was a massive headache trying to find the colour. I believe everything on the car is original. Going to admit that this isn't actually my car, its an old family friends car I'm helping to do up. As much as I would love to own this car. I drive a Porsche Cayenne (a true classic I know Very Happy ). I'm a massive fan of classic cars and I'm looking to invest in a 1969's Mini, will try and post more frequently. Thanks again everyone!

imadam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down