Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carpet colours

3 posters

Go down

Carpet colours Empty Carpet colours

Post  MGs Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi, first post for me. Just bought a 1968 Elf, which I will be tidying up as my daughters Christmas present.

The car is Persian blue with a turquoise/pale blue interior. At present, it has no carpets, just wondered what the original
colour would have been and is it still available? If it helps the mat on the cover in the boot is a sort of beige/grey colour.

Cheers
MGs
MGs

Back to top Go down

Carpet colours Empty Re: Carpet colours

Post  Elf Service Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 am

I would suspect the carpet would have been pale blue as this colour was standard with the Florentine Blue and Old English White cars. With the Elf, the carpets generally follow the same colour as the seats but alternative options were available to suit personal tastes.
Regarding the Boot carpet, later cars (Mk 111) were trimmed with grey carpet across the colour range. This applies to the Elf but I'm not too sure about the Hornet. Other members will be able to clarify this I'm sure.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:22 am

Hi,

I can confirm that a 1968 Persian Blue (BN39) Elf, would have been blessed with a Snowberry White (WT4)roof, Powder Blue seats, seat piping and liners. Pale grey roof lining, Blue door seals and a reef blue carpet (slightly darker blue than the seats).

Andrew is right in saying that the boot board carpet was grey across all Elf Models.

Regards

Jase

Last edited by discoman41 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  MGs Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:49 am

Cheers, very helpful, obviously a lot of knowledge out there cheers
MGs
MGs

Back to top Go down

Carpet colours Empty Sorted

Post  MGs Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Now ordered some very nice looking Wedgewood blue carpets from North West Minis. Nice colour and not too
in your face like some of the more modern styles.
MGs
MGs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down