Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ernie in the paint shop

2 posters

Go down

Ernie in the paint shop Empty Ernie in the paint shop

Post  Bryanthemercman Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:21 pm

After 3 years Ernie is on his way to the finish line. The pictures show the underside fully protected and after Mon 15th they can start laying in the battery cable, The hydrolastic plumbing, fuel, and brake lines. I am still waiting for a date for Hearing regarding the poor workmanship I encountered at the start of "Ernies" restoration. I hope to see some of you in August at Gaydon I realise this clashes with another event but it would be good if you could take part in the mini-mosaic on the Saturday3rd for the world record attempt. All the details are on the British Motor Museum website.

Ernie in the paint shop 20190410
Ernie in the paint shop 20190412
Ernie in the paint shop 20190411
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Ernie in the paint shop Empty Re: Ernie in the paint shop

Post  Red Riley Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Looks great! Congratulations on finally getting things back on track.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ernie in the paint shop Empty Ernie's Paintwork

Post  Bryanthemercman Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 am

Well, here we are about to enter the month of September! Ernie is still not in the paint shop as my restorer is having a big battle with his Landlord over the rent etc. He is currently on Holiday but he will be back Monday 9th the do the final preparation before the first coat of primer. I am painting him Clipper Blue the same colour as a Mini Cooper I once owned with an Old English White roof.
I completed my custom wiring loom and Switchgear and will add some pictures once he is out of the Paintshop. I am currently looking for storage to be ready in time for completion which I am estimating will be November.
Regarding my battle with the first restorer, I won my case and although I did not get as much as I wanted I did win my case.
05/10/2019
The latest pictures now added.

Last edited by Bryanthemercman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New pictures)
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Ernie in the paint shop Empty Re: Ernie in the paint shop

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down