Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords

3 posters

Go down

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Empty The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords

Post  Coco_ChanElf Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Last Sunday I took Coco to the inaugural National Concours Competition in Swords.
http://www.carshows.ie/next.html

There was space to display your car, sell your car, or enter it for the concours competition. There was also an autojumble.

We arrived early and some of the cars for competition were pretty amazing, so I was intimidated out of displaying Coco, but actually, by the time the judging took place there were all sorts of cars there and I ought to have put her in. Next time I will. Still, she got lucky in the display area, she had MG's either side of her, both mint condition, one teal coloured 1971 soft top and one 1932 bright red. So cool. Not sure how they felt about Coco being between them! Smile

Was free to display or enter the competition, but I believe there was a fee to sell. The contest had fabulous crystal trophy prizes, sponsored by AXA. It was all very well done I thought.

The autojumble was small but good, I got myself a fabulously stylish set of blue overalls. Smile

There was a really nice melting pot of vehicles there, some really entertaining ones, and some that had previously won cups and prizes that were on display. Definitely worth a visit next year.

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Car110

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Car1012
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Empty Re: The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

look like a good day out - we need a pic of you in your stylish new overalls though...... Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Empty NATIONAL CONCOURS COMPETITION - SWORDS, CO.DUBLIN :

Post  David2010 Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 pm

Last Sunday I took Coco to the inaugural National Concours Competition in Swords.
http://www.carshows.ie/next.html
Still, she got lucky in the display area, she had MG's either side of her, both mint condition, So cool. Not sure how
they felt about Coco being between them!

Well done Ali for flying the ELF-HORNET flag last Sunday - Coco was the only booted Mini on show and looked very smart.
Lots of other Minis though, all well presented and with the exception of a phony 1970 Cooper S -genuine original cars.
It was a great effort for a first attempt at an " IRISH NEC " and going by the quality of the cars on display and by
the crowds attending - it will certainly be run again next year.
I was greatly taken by a 2004 Daihatsu Copen. That's Copen - not Cooper. It's a diminutive 2-seater complete with an electric
fold-away roof ( a la Mercedes SL). Powered by a twin cam turbo charged 700cc engine with (the seller said) electric performance.
I got as far as sitting in this Mini Mazda RX8 look-alike and was allowed to start and rev its engine.
Happy days for all petrol heads !
Sorry to have missed you on the day.
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Empty Copen

Post  Coco_ChanElf Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

David
Sorry we missed you! The Copen caught my eye too, cute wasn't it?
Next year we'll work on the Elf presence! Smile
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Empty Only had to wait a year!

Post  Coco_ChanElf Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Big_Al_Smith wrote:look like a good day out - we need a pic of you in your stylish new overalls though...... Very Happy
Hope it was worth the wait, hahaha!

Ali

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Spirit10
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords Empty Re: The Inaugural National Concours Competition, Swords

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down