Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACE CAFE MINI & MODS

4 posters

Go down

ACE CAFE MINI & MODS Empty ACE CAFE MINI & MODS

Post  EBBY HORNET Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am

Ebby's first outing
Just returned from the monthly meeting at the Ace cafe Park Royal. The weather was lovely all day so we diecided to take Ebby for her maiden voyage to she how she would fair on a short journey. I have been driving her around Watford without any problems for about a month now running her engine in. It was about time we went a little further from home. The early evening was quite warm and Ebby started to over heat as we sat in traffic (a little worrying watching the needle move up to Hot), but we made it there without any damage.
After a couple of hours mooching around looking at all the mini's and vespa's and some tea stops, we made tracks for the journey home (keeping our finger crossed the Temperature Gauge stayed at Normal). We made it home a little faster with less traffic on the road and with the evening cooling down seemed to help with the heat of the engine. Think there maybe a possible airlock in the heater matrix so it is on the list of jobs to do tomorrow, but apart from that she went very well. Looking forward to the next adventure to another meeting.
Jill and Mark
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

ACE CAFE MINI & MODS Empty Re: ACE CAFE MINI & MODS

Post  TONYELF Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:22 am

Have you had the radiator off at all and cleaned the matrix?
Is the thermostat stuck closed stopping the circulation of the water?
The amount of water in the heater is negligible but it helps a little. Air trapped in it usually finds it's way out eventually.
Other things to check. Timing and mixture.
Nice to know its back on the road Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  We Are The Mods Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

I wont be going but can some please take some photos of Vespa/Lambrettas for me to look at Very Happy
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Glad to hear Ebby had a good outing. Can't wait to see her at Bromley.

I really keep thinking I must do an Ace Cafe outing, shall we try and get a little club trip to either July 1st or August 5th - anyone fancy it?
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

ACE CAFE MINI & MODS Empty ACE CAFE MINI & MODS

Post  EBBY HORNET Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks Tony for the info I will pass it on to Mark to have a look at. He has checked a few bits today but haven't been out in Ebby today.
It would be great to get a few of us at the Ace we go all the time if the weather is good.
There was 2 Elfs and us with Ebby Hornet. I have some photo's of the Lambretta's and vespa's but don't know how to down load them onto here

Jill and Mark
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down