Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EBBY HORNET

4 posters

Go down

EBBY HORNET Empty EBBY HORNET

Post  EBBY HORNET Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Ebby has left the garage and is on her way to the paint shop and a nice warm oven for her new coat. She is returning sometime later this afternoon. Woo hoo. Can't wait to she her all painted and nice. From then on if anyone needs Mark he will be in the garage haha bounce cheers Very Happy
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

EBBY HORNET Empty Re: EBBY HORNET

Post  elfgirl Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 pm

EBBY HORNET wrote:Ebby has left the garage and is on her way to the paint shop and a nice warm oven for her new coat. She is returning sometime later this afternoon. Woo hoo. Can't wait to she her all painted and nice. From then on if anyone needs Mark he will be in the garage haha bounce cheers Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Can't wait to see her... have you planned her first show? - or do we need to schedule an little gathering - not to put any more pressure on Marc to get her done!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:21 am

as mr burns might say......."excellent!"
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  EBBY HORNET Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Just a little update on Ebby. Mark is putting the finishing touches to the head lining and my son Rob has fitted the front screen, back screen to be fitted tomorrow or Monday. Sat 27th Feb the bonnet, boot and doors are booked to go to the garage to be painted. I hope the weather says fine and begins to warm up so I can get outside to finish cleaning the seats, they can go in next with the carpets. (Sorry I have to admit I am a warm weather helper or the kitchen is a good workshop). I have NAGGED Mark for Ebby to be ready for Brooklands all the parts are cleaned and ready but it still takes time to put the Hornet Maccarno together and he keeps disappearing to work which means he's not in the garage. She looks fabulous so far and I can't wait to she her on the road. Roll on the summer and the car shows calender sunny bounce
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Bl**dy work, it really does get in the way of life, doesn't it!!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:50 am

elfgirl wrote:Bl**dy work, it really does get in the way of life, doesn't it!!

It sure does but at least it pays the bills ! (or hopefully it does!) Very Happy

BTW good luck with the Ebby rebuild and as for summer, remember the clocks go forward near end of March so something to look forward to! Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 am

the end is in sight....good luck and see you at Brooklands one way or the other Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

EBBY HORNET Empty Ebby hornet progress

Post  EBBY HORNET Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 am

Hi guys finally let Mark back indoors from the garage. The rear side window are now cleaned and in place. Rear screen all ready to go when my son Rob or Mark can fit it. Mark working tomorrow but off Friday and weekend. Waxoil inside the inner seals tomorrow night, what ever that means. Carpets and seats cleaned just need a touch up after standing a while. Thats my job as cleaner. I can now see into the sunhouse which has been a storeroom for 3 years. It's been along time coming but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Jill and Mark
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am

So tempted to say "it's an on coming train" but n your case it really does sound like it the light at the end of the tunnel. cheers
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

EBBY HORNET Empty Busy weekend

Post  EBBY HORNET Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 am

Just finished a busy weekend on Ebby. Seats all cleaned and conditioned (thanks for the use of your toothbrush Mark, it's Ok I've put it back). Back seat fitted fronts just in place.
Lights all fitted, finshed the electrics, windscreen wipers working. Exhausted fitted, fuel pump plumbed in from the tank, sound proofing fitted in engine compartment. One door is on but needs a slight adjustment. Funny how it fitted until it was painted now it doesn't! Boot board stripped and under heavy weight to straighten it out. New cover to be fitted one evening next week.

She's coming along nicely it helped the rain stayed away. could have been warmer but it is March.

More work planned for next week fingers crossed for the sun to shine.

bounce bounce

Jill & Mark
EBBY HORNET
EBBY HORNET

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down