Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse

5 posters

Go down

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse Empty British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse

Post  TONYELF Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:48 pm

TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse Empty Re: British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse

Post  discoman41 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:09 pm

I will be there.... on the Bullseye Mini Club stand....dressed as a "rozzer"!

Trish will be concoursing her Designer Mini

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse Empty Re: British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse

Post  asahartz Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:14 pm

I'll be there too, with Minifinity. We're taking two Minis, Eddie & Nemo. It's Nemo's first show with us, and he's the best we have at present.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:06 pm

[quote="discoman41"]I will be there.... on the Bullseye Mini Club stand....dressed as a "rozzer"!

Trish will be concoursing her Designer Mini

Jase[/quote

Not crossed dressed I hope! Best of luck to Trish on the concourse.

Not sure I will be there myself. Just had a hernia repair. Thats why I had so much time inserting all these entries on the forum calendar, Has anyone checked the Calendar out and if so can I have your comments please.Thanks
Tony
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Well in the end Nemo didn't actually make it as Holly took the keys away with her... Rolling Eyes

Anyway here's a few pics. Not many Elfs though Rupe is in here, aka Elf-a-romeo - I think they covered evey aspect of The Italian Job on that stand!

Here's Eddie (white mini) on the Minifinity stand:
British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0701

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0708

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0709

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0710

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0711

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0712

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0713

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0714

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0715

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0716

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0719

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0722

Stitched this one to get the effect:
British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0706-7-8

Not quite stitched, but joined up to get the idea:
British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0726-7-8-9-0

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0702

Here's a cake:
British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse IMAG0731

Last edited by asahartz on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake with image filenames)
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am

Great pics there although I'm glad you didn't manage to get one of me dressed as an Itai copper!

We (Bullseye Mini Club) got second place for our Italian Job theme stand, which was supposed to be the theme according to the British Mini Club organisers, however we lost to the stand that had Elvis in it!!! Go figure???

Typical British Mini Club!

Anyway, just like the Italians in the film, we were robbed!! Evil or Very Mad

Jase

PS Didn't "Rupe" look the part as an Elfa Romeo! Cool
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:59 am

It is probably a good thing they did not catch you looking like of the YMCA camp characters, especially with that limp wrist of yours Razz
Congrats on 2nd prize tho, you put quite a bit of effort into it.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:44 am

Limp wrist indeed!!! My only defence was that a damn wasp stung me on the wrist only 5 mins before the picture was taken!!

I hate dressing cars up normally, but made an exception, and when I go for it, I go for it 100%! Smile

"Rupe" wanted a play before going for his respray. He's gone now Sad And I won't be seeing him until October.

Now my dilemmas start.... do I splash out on new interior and re-chroming to do him justice upon his return????

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 pm

When I started my retoration,I had no intention of spendimg a lot of dough and was prepared to clean up all fittings and replace them as I did it. I spoke to one Elf restorer at a show and asked how much it had cost him to get it too such a magnificent standard (an understatement, it was was MINT) he would not tell me for fear of his wife divorcing him!)
Anyway, what I was coming to , was his next sentence which was " When you go as far as I have on preparation etc and the expence of a good respray, I'll bet my bottom dollar, you will do the same as me, The rest of the car will drag the fininshed job down"

You know now the result of that statement and I dare not tell you how much I have spent either! Very Happy
To put it into perspective, As long as you don't expect to get your money back if you ever wish to sell it, fine.

Rechroming is expensive ie. £240 for rear bumper (I had it done for cash £180) but done piece by piece the expence can be spread.
My interior came from Newton Commercial who supply top notch stuff (and deliver on the day they promise) included new sun visors and hinges (chrome)all door cards and fittings ,carpet and headlining came to £450 but it was a pleasure to work with nice new clean materials (bearing in mind powder blue being so light in colour like mine, had faded and stained etc would not clean up so well)
Bits of the chrome work were replaced over the last 12 months purchased from the shows.
The car is on agreed value £4500 and people still keep telling me it's not enough!
Go for it Jase, it's only money and you do love the car!
Tony
PS, Don't suppose Rupert will be ready for the next Malvern Show or do I stand a chance of a prize there? Very Happy
PPS Why not run an Opinion Poll?( Mines a yes!)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 pm

I've been assured I will indeed have him back in time for Malvern, but him winning anything is not a certainty - they go for originality there, and he got r/up 59/69 Mini there last time with his air con rust hole in the door!!!

I am waiting for the thumbs up from Big Al allowing me to organise an EHR club stand there for October.

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Great.I'm hoping to be fit for that one.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  melfandbertie Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Children please ?? its not the winning its the taking part ?

(PS if Melf or Bertie was going, you guys wouldn't stand a chance ) ha ha hee hee ! Razz

Hey !! discoman Y...... M........C...............A !!!!! I am almost tempted to post a pic of The Italian Stallion !! shall I ....mmmm !
maybe not ???
melfandbertie
melfandbertie

http://www.letsshimmy.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  melfandbertie Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 pm

British Mini Day. Uttoxeter Racecourse 7318_130157005269_665115269_2384649

Sorry Jase but I just could not resist Twisted Evil

pssst .... he the one in the Police outfit !
melfandbertie
melfandbertie

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:47 pm

melfandbertie wrote:Children please ?? its not the winning its the taking part ?

(PS if Melf or Bertie was going, you guys wouldn't stand a chance ) ha ha hee hee ! Razz

Hey !! discoman Y...... M........C...............A !!!!! I am almost tempted to post a pic of The Italian Stallion !! shall I ....mmmm !
maybe not ???
Chidren????? says one who's always dressing up (or down!) Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes tongue lol!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  melfandbertie Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:21 pm

TONYELF wrote:
melfandbertie wrote:Children please ?? its not the winning its the taking part ?

maybe not ???
Chidren????? says one who's always dressing up (or down!) Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes tongue lol!

who wants to a be a Razz Grown up anyway ??
melfandbertie
melfandbertie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

I am waiting for the thumbs up from Big Al allowing me to organise an EHR club stand there for October.

Jase[/quote]

please do dear chap, i may be able to make it myself, although i have to be at work at stupid o'clock the next morning!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Okay! I'll get on and do it!

Be great if you could make it up again! I have a spare room don't forget!

Also, thanks for your Castle Combe tickets and pass, although "Rupe" won't be back in time, I will be there but am happy to send the pass back to you for another member. Let me know

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down