Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show

3 posters

Go down

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show Empty Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show

Post  bmcelf Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:36 am

I drove the Elf 300 miles through the Virginia mountains to this show. I had my MGA there before but this time with the Riley Elf. The show is not a big show but I like the venue, etc. so we went.

A great drive there with no problems. My Elf was put in the Mini class since it is a variant. The BMW mini's were also in the class. My Riley Elf won First Place in the Mini Class. No any real competition, British car owners are not going to vote for a BMW or rusty Mini't over a decent looking Riley Elf. There was a LOT of "what is it" and "never seen one" type comments.

As the show was winding down I drove over to the BIG cars for pictures. They are attached. It is beside a '54 Rolls-Royce and beside the Rolls is a Vanden Plas Princess that is a beautiful restoration. (Red Riley-you would love it.)

I liked the comparison with the big 1954 Rolls and my Elf. My wife says I need whitewalls.

Jim

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show ElfandRolls

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show ElfandRolls6

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show ElfandRolls3
bmcelf
bmcelf

Back to top Go down

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show Empty Re: Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show

Post  TONYELF Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Congratulations on winning Jim.. Elf looks great and stands pround next to the RollS!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show Empty Re: Waynesboro, VA USA British Car Show

Post  discoman41 Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Congrats!!! Lovely little Elf!
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down