Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is Biscuits

+5
Red Riley
Admin
Big_Al_Smith
SteveP
whitebuffalo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here is Biscuits Empty Here is Biscuits

Post  whitebuffalo Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 pm

She is a '67 MkIII Elf. Future plans are a Cooper S 1275 from a '67 Cooper S. 12x6 Revolutions Wood & Pickett type flares. I plan on a Lime Gold metallic paint from the '67 Mustang paint choices with a black roof. The interior will be either ox blood red or a rust brown leather. She currently has Cooper front brakes and that is the only upgrade I have made on her as of yet. I love driving her and can't wait to finish her.
Here is Biscuits DSCN1133

Last edited by whitebuffalo on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

http://www.moala.org

Back to top Go down

Here is Biscuits Empty Re: Here is Biscuits

Post  SteveP Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 am

Nice Elf, looks like lots of potential. From the outback? If yes, it must feel at home there in Lancaster.

Keep us posted on your progress, with photos if possible. What size are your wheels and tires and make of tires. What do you plan to do with the Cosmic wheels? I'm in Pasadena, maybe we'll cross paths at some time.

Steve
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 pm

looking good - us brits do like the clear indicators which we can't have over here of course! Enjoy your car and our little forum cheers

Last edited by Big_Al_Smith on Sun May 31, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Sat May 23, 2009 6:44 am

Ok, some new progress on Biscuits. I had a head crack on the original so I had a new head done up with new valves and hardened seats with 3 angle valve surfaces. Got the head back on and she purrs beautifully. I have taken the drums off the front and added Cooper S brakes and braided lines. The rear has new bearings and spaced drums. I added some 10x6 Revolutions with wide group 2 arches. She was built in New Zealand and while cleaning out the dash area I found a 1967 NZ 1 Penny and a 1967 2 Penny in the rear bin so I plan on fitting them to the dash or something in the future.
I refinished the dash and added Magnolia gauges and put some Corbeau seats in. Also added a Mota-Lita wheel.

Here she is with the 10x6 Revolutions and Group 2 wide arches. She also received a nose job too! Thanks to Stefan from Australia for finding me a good grille
Here is Biscuits DSCN1399

Here is how the dash looked before
Here is Biscuits DSCN0310

And now, note that I replaces the original shifter with one I had that has about two inches more height to it for better access to the shifter. The gear knob has a £2 coin that I inlaid in it.
Here is Biscuits DSCN1392

Future plans are to repaint her a Ford Mustang color from the 67 model year called Lime Gold Metallic with a black roof or white with a gray roof from where the trim strip is around the base of the windscreen on up to the roof. The interior is going to be gray and red leather. The motor is going to be an MED 998 unit for good fuel economy since I have a '66 Porsche 912 with a Type IV motor so that car will be the track and speed monster. This will allow my Biscuits to be the daily driver.

SteveP I hope to see you at a Mini meet some time soon. Once I get my Riley as reliable as I can I'll get into the Moala club and go to meets and shows. As for the 10x5 Cosmics on the car I have put them onto my '65 Cooper that I am selling. I have a fair set of 10x5 Cosmics in my garage that I will part with for next to nothing pirat The tyres are 145 Pirellis and Dunlops.

Last edited by whitebuffalo on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 25, 2009 12:04 am

sweeet!

looks really nice!

like those wheelz too!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.elf-hornet-register.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Mon May 25, 2009 5:43 am

Admin wrote:sweeet!

looks really nice!

like those wheelz too!
Thanks! I have always liked the Revolution four spokes and I think they look good on most any Mini or most cars in my eyes at least Very Happy
Here is a better butt shot of her.Here is Biscuits DSCN1395

I was wandering if the wheels would look good powder coated in a dark bronze colour? Might look into that.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 25, 2009 5:26 pm

YES!

i seen gold spokes with crome rim on a local hornet!
but the car was crashed not long after i saw it a scrapped!

never did find the owner! Sad
I'd have bought it to either save it or repair princess!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.elf-hornet-register.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Mon May 25, 2009 10:06 pm

I used to live in Rosamond, but I'm in South Carolina now. I miss the desert weather!
Nice looking dash. I like the magnolia faced gauges. This is what I did with my dash. I needed more holes in the center to mount the Auto Meter gauges, so I built a complete new dash using the old one as a pattern. I used magnetic spring catches so I didn't need the handles.
Is that a Mountney steering wheel? I like the wooden rim, but you've got to lose that Mini center! Classic Capsule can make up a Riley one to fit. I had them do a steering wheel center and hub cap centers for my Superlites. They can do any logo or design and they're very reasonably priced.
Here is Biscuits 3356177147_36bccdc7e5_b

Here is Biscuits 3181657480_a34dd6501e
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Tue May 26, 2009 4:45 am

Red Riley wrote:I used to live in Rosamond, but I'm in South Carolina now. I miss the desert weather!
Nice looking dash. I like the magnolia faced gauges. This is what I did with my dash. I needed more holes in the center to mount the Auto Meter gauges, so I built a complete new dash using the old one as a pattern. I used magnetic spring catches so I didn't need the handles.
Is that a Mountney steering wheel? I like the wooden rim, but you've got to lose that Mini center! Classic Capsule can make up a Riley one to fit. I had them do a steering wheel center and hub cap centers for my Superlites. They can do any logo or design and they're very reasonably priced.
Here is Biscuits 3356177147_36bccdc7e5_b

Here is Biscuits 3181657480_a34dd6501e

Very sweet! I wanted to do a Riley center logo on the wheel, btw it's a Mota-Lita wheel. I tried to get a new center in brushed alloy, but the order was lost and I hadn't pursued it yet. I'll give the guys at Classic Capsule a call to get some logos done up.
As for the desert weather, I've lived here in Lancaster most of my life and I'm ready to get the heck out. It's like a prison sentence living here Twisted Evil
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Tue May 26, 2009 4:50 am

Admin wrote:YES!

i seen gold spokes with crome rim on a local hornet!
but the car was crashed not long after i saw it a scrapped!

never did find the owner! Sad
I'd have bought it to either save it or repair princess!
Too bad you didn't get hold of the owner, any spares for the Elf/Hornets are always good to have around.
I will get the wheels done up on a dark bronze color here soon. I think they will look really good offset by the car being a green metallic color which will give it a sporting look yet harken back to the classic racers of the 60's and 70's.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Here is Biscuits Empty hey

Post  brooks Fri May 29, 2009 8:22 pm

i love your wheels and arches that was the type of thing im going to do to my elf but i dont know weather to have 12x6 or 10x6 wheels i dont know yet but yours look great Very Happy
brooks
brooks

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm

brooks wrote:i love your wheels and arches that was the type of thing im going to do to my elf but i dont know weather to have 12x6 or 10x6 wheels i dont know yet but yours look great Very Happy
I like the 10x6s since they allow the car to look and ride lower. The 12x6s look fantastic, but always make the car look like it is riding high. Also, the 10's help for stopping and acceleration with the 998 power plant. I do like how the 12's look since they have a more open look to them and you can see how center of the wheel looks rather than the squat look of the 10's.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  brooks Sun May 31, 2009 5:37 pm

[quote="whitebuffalo"]
brooks wrote:I like the 10x6s since they allow the car to look and ride lower. The 12x6s look fantastic, but always make the car look like it is riding high. Also, the 10's help for stopping and acceleration with the 998 power plant. I do like how the 12's look since they have a more open look to them and you can see how center of the wheel looks rather than the squat look of the 10's.

yeah your right the 12's look alot more open and ride higher i think im going to go for the 10 considering they perform better than the 12's even tho im not sure it would make no diffrence cause iv got a 1275 in mine but they just look amazing on your car and also were did you get the clear indercator lens's for yours they look really nice. is it possible to still buy them ?
brooks
brooks

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Sun May 31, 2009 7:08 pm

brooks wrote:

yeah your right the 12's look a lot more open and ride higher i think im going to go for the 10 considering they perform better than the 12's even tho im not sure it would make no diffrence cause iv got a 1275 in mine but they just look amazing on your car and also were did you get the clear indercator lens's for yours they look really nice. is it possible to still buy them ?

The clear indicators came with the car. It is a Kiwi built car so I think that was allowed over there, but the UK built cars had the yellow ones. I have cleaned mine up and they are the originals, wouldn't mind getting new ones so if any one on the board here knows how to get new ones that would be fantastic.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 pm

I had the clear/amber front lights, but I found a set with amber turn signal lenses and replaced the clear ones, so I've got all amber front lights. The same lights were apparently used on a number of different cars, so there are multiple combinations of clear or amber ones. I think the ones I have came from an Austin America. Yours are the only ones I've seen with the large lens being clear.
Here is Biscuits 3582514990_949d4f6cee_b

I also replaced my rear lights with a set for an export model Austin 1100. They have red lenses top and bottom.
Here is Biscuits 3582527160_c4d5ecd3a0_b
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Sun May 31, 2009 9:26 pm

Yes, I wanted to get the all red tail lights, where did you get them?
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Sun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm

whitebuffalo wrote:Yes, I wanted to get the all red tail lights, where did you get them?

I got them from Classic Garage (link)
They're in New York, and they seem to have quite a bit of old NOS Lucas stuff. You have to call them to see what they have in stock. When I bought these from them, I think they said they were the last set they had, but you never know. They were brand new in the Lucas boxes complete with the chrome surrounds, but they weren't cheap.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 pm

There is one on ebay right now. Looks like it's out your way, in Victorville.

Ebay Item # 110395992670
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:08 am

Red Riley wrote:
whitebuffalo wrote:Yes, I wanted to get the all red tail lights, where did you get them?

I got them from Classic Garage (link)
They're in New York, and they seem to have quite a bit of old NOS Lucas stuff. You have to call them to see what they have in stock. When I bought these from them, I think they said they were the last set they had, but you never know. They were brand new in the Lucas boxes complete with the chrome surrounds, but they weren't cheap.
Thanks, I'll check them to see if they mite have some more tail lights.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 am

On a personal note and a safety point of view, I prefer the amber indicator lenses. It is easier to distinguish the stop/tail lights from the indicators...
Some folks over here (UK) prefer clear or whitish lenses with coloured bulbs which are often are pathetic shades of red and amber. some don't even show up in bright sunlight???
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 pm

TONYELF wrote:On a personal note and a safety point of view, I prefer the amber indicator lenses. It is easier to distinguish the stop/tail lights from the indicators...
Some folks over here (UK) prefer clear or whitish lenses with coloured bulbs which are often are pathetic shades of red and amber. some don't even show up in bright sunlight???
The law in California is that the lens needs to be coloured , since coloured bulbs are not easy to find here in the US and are not on sale at retail outlets in California. I don't like those clear lenses, just look weird to me. I wouldn't mind the amber/red tail lights since it does help in knowing what is indicating a turn and what light is for stopping. I'd like to find some new ones since mine have slight spider cracks on them.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Some update on the Elf. I added a new two row large capacity radiator to the car and now in the heat of Southern California the temp goes to just above the N mark on the temperature guesometer. Before it was in the middle of the N and the H, but now at 95F the temperature runs just right of the N. Would have taken pictures of it, but my hands were too dirty to touch my camera.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:59 pm

My heater gauge needle runs at halfway between C and H in wintery old England - exactly in the middle! Personally I think it's the weight of the needle! lol!

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveP Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 am

Whitebuffalo, the Elf is looking great, especially like the refinshed dash and steering wheel.

I've been away from the board for awhile. I noticed you said you had some Cosmics for sale. Are they still available?

Thanks, Steve
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Hey, good to see you back! I just went to a MOALA meeting last night in Irvine, had a great time. The Elf is coming along, look in the projects section of this board and you will see some of the progress. I sold my '65 Cooper to fund the rebuild of my 998 engine and trans for the Elf, so Heritage Garage is taking care of that. I'll have it back hopefully at the end of the month. The engine will have a Kent 266 cam, .20 flat top pistons, Cooper 12G295 head with a stock trans rebuild. As for the Cosmics, they are not for sale anymore as I did this to them Here is Biscuits DSCN1689 for the Elf. I was running the Revolutions, but the guy who bought my Cooper really wanted them so I was able to sell the Revolutions to help pay for 2/3rds of the cost to powder coat the Cosmics.

Last edited by whitebuffalo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next