Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is Biscuits

+5
Red Riley
Admin
Big_Al_Smith
SteveP
whitebuffalo
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here is Biscuits - Page 2 Empty Re: Here is Biscuits

Post  Red Riley Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

SteveP wrote:
Nice signature SteveP. :p
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 pm

White Buffalo, nice job on the powder coating. Those will be a nice different look on the Elf. Not crazy about the gold color, but that's just my opinion. I've always thought gold wheels make a car look a bit too "pimpish." I guess you can get away with it in SoCal. :p
Have you tried classicgarage.com for tail lights? They might have a new set. That's where I bought my red ones, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had the red/amber ones too.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Red Riley,
The gold wheels are in a color vein to look like the old 1960's race cars. A brighter gold with more yellow would be the pimpmobile look , but I made sure to go for the tan side of the gold spectrum to get that vintage racer look. I have not yet tried for new tail lights, your bring it up has gotten me on the path to try and get new ones. I have been so involved in the engine rebuild and adding a new steering rack to the Elf that I have left other parts of the car undone.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

http://www.moala.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveP Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:24 am

Whitebuffalo, wow! You drove all the way to Irvine, that must be a 2 hr drive, sounds like it was worth it though. I didn't know MOALA met in Irvine, is that something new?
Sorry to hear the Cosmics are no longer available. Sounds like your car is going to be very nice. Your exhaust manifold looks great (under Projects). So does your Cosmic wheel. I had my wheels powder coated awhile back and was quite please with the tranformation. Thought I'd share the before and after pics, below. But I can't bear to put the hubcaps back on, I'm afraid to scratch the wheels.

Red Riley, thanks for the compliment on my signature. I'm pretty happy with it.

Take care, Steve

Here is Biscuits - Page 2 Wheelspreszd1

Here is Biscuits - Page 2 Wheelscoatedszd2
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 am

SteveP,
Those wheels look creamy now! Really like how they came out. I know how you feel about not wanting to scratch them, I had the same feeling when I got my tires put on the fresh powder coating. The guys at the local tire shop were very keen to keep them looking nice so they took the extra time to hand install the rubber. So are you going to have the caps eventually?
I don't know where Moala met before, but the Irvine place is new to this year. It is the third Wednesday of the month starting at 7:30pm. In March they are going to have the meeting on Saturday morning on the 20th.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 am

There are a couple of NOS taillights being offered on Ebay UK at the moment for a good price if you could get them for that.

Ebay UK

Ebay UK
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 am

Thanks, I have them on my watch list now. I also have a brand new set of them on watch on ebay and those go off in 8 hours so I have to get up early in order to get them.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  CamelotR Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:06 am

Old lamp covers can be restored usualy by polishing them with tooth paste. Deep cracks can be sanded out with very fine emery paper (2500+).

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am

CamelotR wrote:Old lamp covers can be restored usualy by polishing them with tooth paste. Deep cracks can be sanded out with very fine emery paper (2500+).
I will try that. My lenses are cracked and hazed a little so restoring them would due for my car. New lenses would be nicer though.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:05 am

CamelotR wrote:Old lamp covers can be restored usualy by polishing them with tooth paste. Deep cracks can be sanded out with very fine emery paper (2500+).
Yes, but nice new shiny ones with nice new shiny chrome are SOOOOOO PRETTY!
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitebuffalo Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 am

Red Riley wrote:
Yes, but nice new shiny ones with nice new shiny chrome are SOOOOOO PRETTY!

Yes this is true, however, I plan on getting all the brightwork refinished in a nickle finish. I'd have to get the tail lights done to make them match. I did find an ebay seller who has a brand new NOS set of tail lights, but with the exchange would set me back $200 + shipping affraid I emailed to see if he would be willing to ship to the USA, but he never emailed back.
I contacted my local Mini guru Graham at Heritage Garage and he says he might just have a guy that has some new lenses. I hope....I hope....I hope.... bounce
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum