Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biscuits is back everyone!

Go down

Biscuits is back everyone! Empty Biscuits is back everyone!

Post  whitebuffalo Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:44 am

After almost 6 month off the road to get the engine rebuilt I now have my Elf back on the road!
It took five months for the engine builder to get the engine and trans finished, but well worth the wait.
The final specification is 9:1 compression ratio with flat top pistons and .20 overbore. Lightened fly wheel and timing gear. 123 dizzy and 12G295 head with Cooper freeflow header. 276 Evolution cam from MiniSpares and a HS4 carb.
Biscuits is back everyone! DSC02004
Biscuits is back everyone! DSC02003
Picked her up on Friday 18 June and drove her to our local MOALA meeting on Saturday 19 June. There was a car show right before the meeting called Cars and Coffee so got to be in that. Our club members took a 30 or so mile drive though some canyons and on the coast then back to our meeting place.
I love the power that the car has and the trans shifts sweetly now. Here she is with here wheels freshly powder coated
Biscuits is back everyone! DSC02013
Still have not made a decision about the final color scheme. Was thinking of a red metallic on the body and silver from the beltline to the roof. The other idea was silver on the body and red metallic from the beltline to the roof. The third scheme would be a metallic green like on the 60's Mustangs and a white or black roof. Would be nice to see it fleshed out before I make my final decision.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

http://www.moala.org

Back to top Go down

Biscuits is back everyone! Empty Re: Biscuits is back everyone!

Post  whitebuffalo Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:52 am

Red Riley did these for me today, thanks mate!:
Biscuits is back everyone! Redsil11
Biscuits is back everyone! Silver11
I am liking the silver with the red top, but the red with the silver really looks good with the gold wheels. I have a set of rose petals that could go on the car to set off either color really nicely too.
whitebuffalo
whitebuffalo

http://www.moala.org

Back to top Go down