Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all! New member from Yorkshire.

4 posters

Go down

Hi all! New member from Yorkshire. Empty Hi all! New member from Yorkshire.

Post  Nick Daubney Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi there! I'm from Hull and have a 1965 hornet.
I've had her over 7 years now but she's stayed in storage and is looking sorry for herself.
Can anyone please help me locate body panels for Her?
I think the bonnet can be saved but i'm going to need both front wings and A panels plus a front valance.
There is rot under the windscreen but the sills and floorpans seem solid. It looks like some work had been done in the past and hopefully most of the rot is at the front end.
I'll try and put some pics on when i work out how to use the site. I'm not the best on computers.
Help and advice gratefully recieved.
Regards Nick.

Nick Daubney

Back to top Go down

Hi all! New member from Yorkshire. Empty Re: Hi all! New member from Yorkshire.

Post  TONYELF Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi Nick, Welcome to the forum. Enjoy
You will be able to get most panels and parts from local motor factors as Elfs/Hornets are the same as the minis (with exception of the bonnets and the rear side panel/wings.)These are pretty difficult to obtain. There are a few bonnets on ebay at the moment. I have one for sale which needs a little attention at the offside front corner. I am asking £50 for it postage extra ( I am not sure how much )
I can email you photos of it if you are interested. Just PM me with your email address. You could of course collect it yourself. I am just at the end of the M56. in Chester!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Wings are standard Mini items, so about £50 from places like Minispares & Somerfords. Front panel is virtually unobtainable, so the neatest solution is to buy a Mini front panel (again around £50) and convert it with a panel from Catmint on this forum. The scuttle panel is also available as a complete surround or as repair sections. Somerford's website has very useful PDFs of all the panels, though not all are still available (most are!)
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Daubney Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:02 am

TONYELF wrote:Hi Nick, Welcome to the forum. Enjoy
You will be able to get most panels and parts from local motor factors as Elfs/Hornets are the same as the minis (with exception of the bonnets and the rear side panel/wings.)These are pretty difficult to obtain. There are a few bonnets on ebay at the moment. I have one for sale which needs a little attention at the offside front corner. I am asking £50 for it postage extra ( I am not sure how much )
I can email you photos of it if you are interested. Just PM me with your email address. You could of course collect it yourself. I am just at the end of the M56. in Chester!

Thanks for the information and for the offer of the bonnet. My mate who sprays my cars for me reckons my bonnet can be saved. Thanks anyway.

Nick Daubney

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Daubney Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 am

asahartz wrote:Wings are standard Mini items, so about £50 from places like Minispares & Somerfords. Front panel is virtually unobtainable, so the neatest solution is to buy a Mini front panel (again around £50) and convert it with a panel from Catmint on this forum. The scuttle panel is also available as a complete surround or as repair sections. Somerford's website has very useful PDFs of all the panels, though not all are still available (most are!)
Thanks for the information i will chase those panels up. I notice you said Catmint on the forum can supply a panel to covert a mini front panel. I've already had a look at his site and see he is also in Yorkshire! Seems a handy guy to know. Thanks very much for that! Nick

Nick Daubney

Back to top Go down

Post  CamelotR Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 am

The front panel is obtainable new from Mini Machine (http://www.m-machine.co.uk/MM%20Panels_170.htm).

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down