Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member?

+2
David2010
mykb
6 posters

Go down

New member? Empty New member?

Post  mykb Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I thought I was already on here, but haven't been in here for a long while! Anyway I'm here; back again and hoping to put some more pictures up of 'Lilly', you never know she might actually get on the road again this year! Very Happy
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

New member? Empty NEW MEMBER ?

Post  David2010 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Welcome back !
Where are you based ?
Hornet or Elf
or All of the above ?
David2010
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

New member? Empty Re: New member?

Post  mykb Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi David! Hi all! Yes it was a rather rushed and uninformative post! I'm in Bournemouth, south coast UK for those of you further afield, I had a '67 Elf years ago which I rebuilt but having asked someone to store it for me it went missing Sad I found 'Lilly' or 'Hilary' to give her her full name on ebay 5 years ago and she was the same as our first one that went missing, apart from the licence plate obviously!
I have rebuilt her from the wheels up but got side tracked 3 years ago with my VW camper! Although nearly finished 'Lilly' has been sitting in the garage sulking for the last 2 years waiting for me to get on with the fiddly bits, rewiring, brakes, etc.
I gave our webmaster a load of pictures back along during the rebuild but I guess I could also post some here.....
Looking forward to get involved and meeting some new people on here!
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

New member? Empty Hello!

Post  Coco_ChanElf Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am

Welcome (back?!).
Looking forward to seeing Lilly - that's also my 4 year old daughter's name and she loves her (my!!) Elf, too, so she'll be captivated to see her namesake.
Smile
Ali
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Post  mykb Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I will do my best to get some pictures up asap, they are all on external hard drive at the moment and as I can't post links at the moment I'll have to see what I can do! I hope to have 'Lilly' on show before the end of the year! Very Happy
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 pm

welcome back Myk - watch out for the humour folks!! Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  mykb Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Good to see my dry wit proceeds me! Thanks Big Al hope to be a positive contributor...even if I can't pay my subs on time!! Razz
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 am

mykb wrote:I will do my best to get some pictures up asap, they are all on external hard drive at the moment and as I can't post links at the moment I'll have to see what I can do! I hope to have 'Lilly' on show before the end of the year! Very Happy
Try link below.unfortunately your Facbook link does'work Crying or Very sad

https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/t1153-posting-photos-on-the-forum?highlight=PUTTING+PHOTOS+ON+FORUM
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mykb Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 am

Thanks for the heads up! I did check, once the site let me post the link, that it was working but I guess it change its mind! I will try again following your example, although do I not need to have an account with photo bucket? I'm sure after shouting at the computer for a while it will do what I ask...... affraid
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

Post  mykb Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:44 am

TONYELF wrote:
mykb wrote:I will do my best to get some pictures up asap, they are all on external hard drive at the moment and as I can't post links at the moment I'll have to see what I can do! I hope to have 'Lilly' on show before the end of the year! Very Happy
Try link below.unfortunately your Facbook link does'work Crying or Very sad

https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/t1153-posting-photos-on-the-forum?highlight=PUTTING+PHOTOS+ON+FORUM

I just went over and tried the link and it worked for me but maybe it's because it's my link? I am a great believer in Sods Law; if it can go wrong it most probably will! jocolor
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 am

Sorry, your link comes up on Facebook but says it's currently unavailabe or has expired Crying or Very sad
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 am

mykb wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I did check, once the site let me post the link, that it was working but I guess it change its mind! I will try again following your example, although do I not need to have an account with photo bucket? I'm sure after shouting at the computer for a while it will do what I ask...... affraid

No. If you use the first method in the link Tony gave you, you don't need a Photobucket account.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mykb Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:57 am

Hmmm! Most odd, then again Sods Law will of course apply! monkey

I've tried reloading it maybe it will work now.... if not I'll have to do it the hard way!!
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Sorry Matey, that still does not work on my pc .
Tony
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm pretty sure Facebook doesn't allow linking to photos. You'd have to give everyone your login or make everyone your friend to make it visible. Putting your photos online isn't really all that difficult, and Photobucket is by no means the only option. There's Google+ , Flickr, ImageShack, TinyPic, Postimage, Imgur, or lots more. Just do a web search for Free Photo Hosting. Good luck.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mykb Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Red Riley wrote:I'm pretty sure Facebook doesn't allow linking to photos. You'd have to give everyone your login or make everyone your friend to make it visible. Putting your photos online isn't really all that difficult, and Photobucket is by no means the only option. There's Google+ , Flickr, ImageShack, TinyPic, Postimage, Imgur, or lots more. Just do a web search for Free Photo Hosting. Good luck.
Good point, I did think that if you'd linked to facebook anyone can view content but you might be right, I might have to make my photos public, which I don't think they are at the moment, but also the fact that people that aren't facers may not have access!
I will endeavour to get organised today...but the weathers nice so I might get dragged out somewhere!! Suspect Rolling Eyes
mykb
mykb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum