Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornet in New Zealand

3 posters

Go down

Hornet in New Zealand Empty Hornet in New Zealand

Post  KC1 Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 am

About 109 MKIII hornets were CKD (assembled from parts) in NZ and I have one of those. Mine had 18,000 miles on it when I got it about 10 years ago. Was owned from new by a lady who didn't use it much and for the last 15 years of her ownership, before I got it, it was laid up in a nice warm garage. No rust completely original and goes well. An automatic transmission model. The NZ assembled ones did not have leather seats, a covered top dash rail and most seemed to be on one colour. Mine is dresden blue and the paint is still in excellent condition. It is mint inside and very original. There are some other Hornets in NZ and also quite a few Elfs. Seems to me that the Elf was a more popular option in NZ back them as my observation is that there are more Elfs than Hornets (I may be wrong though - I have no stats to back that up).

KC1

Back to top Go down

Hornet in New Zealand Empty Mine's an Elf..

Post  jools9 Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi there from Wellington. I was very close to buying a Hornet as well a month or so ago but lost out to another buyer. But no problem as I found a nice Elf in stead - only thing is it needs some restoration before it is ready for the road again. The Elf is an early MK1 and has been in storage for 27 years so needs a little bit of work before it sees the road again but its very sound and original so looking forward to the project. It arrived today in Wellington from the South Island although I did actually buy it a few days after missing out on the Hornet. Hopefully it will be on the road for the Summer.
jools9
jools9

Back to top Go down

Hornet in New Zealand Empty Re: Hornet in New Zealand

Post  Big_Al_Smith Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:47 am

wishing you the best of antipodean luck chaps  Very Happy 
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Hornet in New Zealand Empty Re: Hornet in New Zealand

Post  Sponsored content