Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay

4 posters

Go down

Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay Empty Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay

Post  bobafet1 Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 pm

I saw these on eBay and was wondering if this is another "you get what you pay for" type deals. Anyone ever use one of these? I'd like to convert over to aluminum since I have a bit of an overheating problem.

Here is the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rover-Mini-850-1000-1100-1275-Cooper-S-One-Clubman-1996-aluminum-alloy-radiator-/150752918407?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3AMini+Cooper&hash=item231992fb87&vxp=mtr

bobafet1

Back to top Go down

Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay Empty Re: Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay

Post  Red Riley Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:49 am

Chinese ripoffs. In this case, you're probably not even getting what you pay for.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay Empty ally rad

Post  halfpenny68 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:34 pm

hi just to say i bought one of the 3 core alloy rads from china with a temp sensor hole in the bottom.
it is a good item yeh the welds can be a lil ugly in places all i did was gently file them just to flatten them off and one of my cowling bolt hols had to be tapped to the correct thread but still a good quality part for the money.
it even arrived within 8 working days.

been running mine for 2 years no falts yet

halfpenny68

Back to top Go down

Post  bobafet1 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 am

halfpenny68 wrote:hi just to say i bought one of the 3 core alloy rads from china with a temp sensor hole in the bottom.
it is a good item yeh the welds can be a lil ugly in places all i did was gently file them just to flatten them off and one of my cowling bolt hols had to be tapped to the correct thread but still a good quality part for the money.
it even arrived within 8 working days.

been running mine for 2 years no falts yet

Got any pics? Is yours also from the same seller?

bobafet1

Back to top Go down

Cheap Aluminum Radiators on eBay Empty rad

Post  halfpenny68 Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:20 pm

hi mine was from a diffrent seller but thay usualy all the same product beeing sold i dont have any piks culd get some if you wanted as the rad is out the car at moment looks a lil grubby hehe alloy is terible to keep clean only reson its all out is i took out a lamppost awaiting new subframe

halfpenny68

Back to top Go down

Post  psychobob Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:02 pm

i a on my second one now. i killed the first one by cable tying an auxilliary fan to it, which gradually wore through the edges of the ribs. it was my own fault for not taking into account how soft ally is compared to steel. i wouldn't mind but the radiator worked so well, the fan never cut in once! the replacement has been on for a good two years now and it still works perfectly. if anything, it runs slightly cool, as i also have a tropical fan fitted. when you consider they are a fraction of the price of uk bought ones, i can put up with slightly messier welding. it still looks nice and shiny if you autosol it to death!
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down