Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay Or Not Ebay That Is The Question.

4 posters

Go down

Ebay Or Not  Ebay That Is The Question. Empty Ebay Or Not Ebay That Is The Question.

Post  autohornet Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Having just rebuilt my hydrolastic suspension radius arms,I have had to find some different parts as wet suspension has different fittings than dry.The handbrake quadrents are different and having helper springs and not shock absorbers I needed to find the correct fixings.I really thought I was going to have problems getting these small but important parts but between Mini Spares and Somerford Mini I sourced them all.A few days later I was scanning Ebay and I found some of the parts I had just got listed as 'new old stock' and bidding was up a lot higher than I paid for all of my parts put together so my advice is any 'rare' parts required check Mini Spares and Somerford you would be amazed at the parts they hold, eg chrome bumper bolts Ebay £4 for 2 +£1pp,Mini spares £1.31 each.

autohornet

Back to top Go down

Ebay Or Not  Ebay That Is The Question. Empty Re: Ebay Or Not Ebay That Is The Question.

Post  asahartz Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm

That's why people get rich on ebay. There are people that think it must be cheap because it's an auction, there are those that get carried away in the bidding, but the majority just can't be bothered to check whether they can find the stuff cheaper elsewhere. I've seen it loads of times. There's a lot of mugs out there!
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Ebay Or Not  Ebay That Is The Question. Empty Re: Ebay Or Not Ebay That Is The Question.

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 pm

i'd also recommend m-machine - fantastic service from them
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Ebay Or Not  Ebay That Is The Question. Empty Re Ebay Or Not Ebay That Is The Question

Post  autohornet Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 am

To right Alistair. I have had some great advice from Peter not only on panels,but the best way to fit them.Hope to see you all at Brooklands.
Mark.

autohornet

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 am

Whilst I agree with all peeps comments. Should'nt the question be "To bid or not to bid?" Laughing
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 pm

autohornet wrote:To right Alistair. I have had some great advice from Peter not only on panels,but the best way to fit them.Hope to see you all at Brooklands.
Mark.

see you there old chap! Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 pm

TONYELF wrote:Whilst I agree with all peeps comments. Should'nt the question be "To bid or not to bid?" Laughing

with me and ebay, beer is often a factor! Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum