Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire

5 posters

Go down

number of Elfs  Hornets - Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire Empty Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire

Post  ths Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:30 am

Tried selling on ebay but no joy.

It has got to go.

Will need a long tube on the back to fit Elf or Hornet but too good to throw away

Free to collector - I am based near Bordon in Hampshire

Jono are you interested?

Anyone else?

First come first served!

ths

Back to top Go down

number of Elfs  Hornets - Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire Empty Re: Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire

Post  Jono_h Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks for the offer!

I needed one earlier in the year, but I'm all set now. Take it down the scrappy and weigh it in for £0.02!

Jono_h

Back to top Go down

number of Elfs  Hornets - Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire Empty Re: Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire

Post  ths Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm

OK Cheers!

ths

Back to top Go down

Post  Toga Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 pm

At the risk of hijacking the thread (apologies) what do you all do for exhausts ? Does anyone sell a performance exhaust for the booted variant ? I used a Maniflow centre exit for a Mini and had to lengthen the tail pipe which isn't ideal but works OK.

Pete
Toga
Toga

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Pretty sure I used an estate version last time I changed mine, and there is definitely one for the estate.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

number of Elfs  Hornets - Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire Empty Exhaust system for "performance" Elfs ( & Hornets) :

Post  David2010 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Toga wrote:At the risk of hijacking the thread (apologies) what do you all do for exhausts ? Does anyone sell a performance exhaust for the booted variant ? I used a Maniflow centre exit for a Mini and had to lengthen the tail pipe which isn't ideal but works OK.

Pete
The preferred system ( in this part of the world ) uses the RC40 rear box from ( I think) Minispares.
The pipe feeding into the RC40 has to of the required extra length because of the longer Elf/Hornet boot underside.
For ideal Rally performance this underpipe has to be " engineered" i.e. cut & resectioned to follow the underbody
profile where it runs under the boot floor - the idea being that exhaust damage or loss is reduced. Two other steps are also recommended ; -
(1) A triangular shaped skid or deflector -plate is welded to the front of the RC40 box ; and
(2) A length of metal dog chain is attached under the boot floor - so that should an exhaust mount fail, the tail pipe will be caught by the
chain & the exhaust therefore remains held in place - albeit slightly lower that when originally hung.

It goes without saying that in all codes of Rallying (especially night events) the loss of an exhaust means " Rally over"(too much noise).
David.

Last edited by David2010 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error in rear box code quoted & in the possible supplier quoted:)
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

number of Elfs  Hornets - Used exhaust system in reasonable condition, free to collector. Located Bordon, Hampshire Empty RC40 Twin Box plus LCB available near Bordon, Hampshire

Post  ths Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Used RC40 twin box section and an LCB are on Ebay at the moment, as described above to use these you would need a link pipe to join them up and an extebnded tail pipe (piece of tube) to extend under the long boot.
LCB item 320935325719, RC40 to be listed later

ths

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down