Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Query: Advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to disc brakes?

+6
humph
martin k
cheleker
reymondos
Jono_h
FrogElf
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Query: Advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to disc brakes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Query: Advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to disc brakes?

Post  cheleker Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Cooper S arms are not necessary with Cooper S brakes. Just make sure to match Mk I arms with Mk I racks and Mk II+ arms with Mk II+ racks.

cheleker

Back to top Go down

Query: Advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to disc brakes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Query: Advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to disc brakes?

Post  TONYELF Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 pm

cheleker wrote:Cooper S arms are not necessary with Cooper S brakes. Just make sure to match Mk I arms with Mk I racks and Mk II+ arms with Mk II+ racks.

That's gonna be difficult to sort out. The Elf is March 1964 MK2 with what I'm told is a MK1 steering wheel which doesn't mean to say it will be a MK 1 steering rack !
Are they dated on the rack at all?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  humph Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

cheleker wrote:Cooper S arms are not necessary with Cooper S brakes. Just make sure to match Mk I arms with Mk I racks and Mk II+ arms with Mk II+ racks.

So what you're saying is use the steering arms that are already on the car before doing the conversion. Or have I misunderstood?

humph

Back to top Go down

Post  cheleker Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Assuming that some P.O. has not mixed up the arms and rack, yes, just use the steering arms already on the car.

cheleker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2