Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overiders wanted

+8
hilbert
O'Riley
DyNoRod
CJ
TONYELF
Big_Al_Smith
Elf Service
the elf
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

overiders wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: overiders wanted

Post  TONYELF Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:31 pm

DyNoRod wrote:Been like Christmas as the Smith house this week!

Nice new airvents thanks to Mr Catmint, Nice set of four new shiny overriders thanks to Mr Cherrington, ARP heabolts thanks to Mini Speed, Vent pipe reducer kit from ebay and nice new coldair vent pipes from some motorsport company in Silverstone!

Thanks All

I hope the new shiny overiders don't show your bumpers up! Laughing
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 am

DyNoRod wrote:Been like Christmas as the Smith house this week!

Nice new airvents thanks to Mr Catmint, Nice set of four new shiny overriders thanks to Mr Cherrington, ARP heabolts thanks to Mini Speed, Vent pipe reducer kit from ebay and nice new coldair vent pipes from some motorsport company in Silverstone!

Thanks All

can you give the details for the cold air vent pipes please? ta
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

overiders wanted - Page 3 Empty Overriders

Post  DyNoRod Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:23 am

I hope not too but it should be ok, as the bumpers have been newly rechromed!

All this chrome is costing me a fortune, £700 for bumpers, waist trim, handles / locks and indicator surrounds! £60 for new original number plate lights and plinths and now another £190 for overriders and that doesnt include the new backs and sidelights! So far I recon all this chrome stand me at just over a grand!

Its amazing how the costs of car restoration can escalate, I was reading an article in this months practical classics and it said how amazed it was that a mint condition Hornet brought £7.5k at auction - so far mine stands me at £6.5k and I still have at least another £2k to spend before its finished - I almost wish I had just bought the mint period one at auction! Still I guess I can be safe in the knowledge that I rescued another classic from the scrap man!

Re the cold airvent duct I bought this stuff http://www.gprdirect.com/OnlineShop/Product.do?c=425&g=653

it works out at about £11 per meter - its not the original stuff, however as it it tucked away under the wheel arch I figured it didnt matter as much and I am sure this stuff will last better, and its black so it looks the same - and it should still flex to fit as needed, and it comes in the right size (about 55mm). I did consider the stuff available from Demon Tweeks but thats more expensive and the size wasnt quite as gooder a match. I was also thinking of using the heatshrink type stuff they have to seal the ends but that would make it a pain in the ass to disconnet so I think Im just going to use stainless jubilee clips.

CLICK HERE FOR GPR DUCTING
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

overiders wanted - Page 3 Empty Overriders

Post  DyNoRod Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 am

superworm - earlier in this thread you mentioned that you replaced the bolts that came with your new overriders with some stainless ones from Wrights - can you post a link to the bolts or tell me what size they are as I want to do the same!

Cheers
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3