Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overiders wanted

+8
hilbert
O'Riley
DyNoRod
CJ
TONYELF
Big_Al_Smith
Elf Service
the elf
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

overiders wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: overiders wanted

Post  hilbert Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Be quick if you want some, there is about 18 left and the Riley club want to buy them all!

when will that be i like to order 4 pices how can i do that i live in the nethelands

is there someone who will buy 4 for me and will sent them to the netherlands

hilbert

hilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Brian Cherrington has refused to sell them to the Riley Club. (I merely said that the Riley club wanted to buy them all.)
He has asked that any members that want them should contact him direct.
His name is Mr BE Cherrington, BM Auto Equipment Limited, 33 Darnelhurst Road,Sutton Coldfield,West Midlands.B75 5NE
Telephone No on the invoice is
0121 241 6943.
Price each is £37.55 +vat
(P&P for two is £7.50)
I am afraid you willl have to contact him for a price to supply and send 4 to the Netherlands first and then send him a Money order for that amount.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

overiders wanted - Page 2 Empty Overriders

Post  DyNoRod Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:00 am

I have tried to call but without any luck!

I had an email from him 6 months ago, in which he quoted a price and told me I could pay by paypal. So I have taken pot-luck and sent him some money through paypal, so hopefully this will buy me a couple... I just hope he picks up his email and sees I bought some from him!

ad
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:41 pm

I can't understand him not answering. The buyer for the Riley club assured me he was sound to deal with???? The mind boggles!
Have you tried the mobile No?
When I text him (being deaf I can't hear on the phone) he virtually replied straight away to thank me for letting him know they had arrived and even said he hoped I was happy with my purchase. Now that does'n't sound like the same person does it?
All I can suggest is that you send him a text message about sending money by Paypal bearing in mind he does not seem to read his emails. (I assume you have put your address in the email? )
I actually sent a cheque with confirmation of my wife's phone call.
Good luck with that
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  superworm Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Guys

Recently got a pair of Overiders from BM Autoequipment (Brian is a lovely fellow to deal with - even refunded the difference in VAT since pratt GB reduced the VAT to 15% after I placed the order) - absolutely fantasic finish. The bolts supplied are metric (!!!!!) not a real prob as I just replaced an external door hinge from Minispares - it too had metric studs and nuts. However, I have thrown the bolts away and replaced them with stainless ones from:

http://www.wrightsautosupplies.com/index.php

every fastener on Elfie is being replaced with stainless unless high tensile steel is called for.

I also turned up some nylon "Buffers" or "pads" that screw onto the end of the overider (10mm x 1.5) attachment bolts so that the ends of the bolts don't marr the inside of the bumper or screw up (!!!!) the ends of the threads of the bolts.

btw, I have just had my rear bumper rechromed at SH Metal Finishing for £70. Quite happy with the job - not perfect but he didn't have a good basis to work with!!!! - if he had linished off the deeper pitting it would have thinner than a mini bumper!!!

http://www.shmetalfinishing.co.uk/2401/frames.php

He is based at Openshaw, Greater Manchester, so if you are in the NW England area, it could save you a bunch on postage.

Isn't this a great site!!!

Cheers

Alan
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed May 06, 2009 1:08 am

£70 is a very good price for a front bumper rechrome. Should last you a long time.
Welcome to the forum BTW. enjoy.

DyNoRod, how did you get on with Brian Cherrington re the over riders?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 am

superworm wrote:Hi Guys

Recently got a pair of Overiders from BM Autoequipment (Brian is a lovely fellow to deal with - even refunded the difference in VAT since pratt GB reduced the VAT to 15% after I placed the order) - absolutely fantasic finish. The bolts supplied are metric (!!!!!) not a real prob as I just replaced an external door hinge from Minispares - it too had metric studs and nuts. However, I have thrown the bolts away and replaced them with stainless ones from:

http://www.wrightsautosupplies.com/index.php

every fastener on Elfie is being replaced with stainless unless high tensile steel is called for.

I also turned up some nylon "Buffers" or "pads" that screw onto the end of the overider (10mm x 1.5) attachment bolts so that the ends of the bolts don't marr the inside of the bumper or screw up (!!!!) the ends of the threads of the bolts.

btw, I have just had my rear bumper rechromed at SH Metal Finishing for £70. Quite happy with the job - not perfect but he didn't have a good basis to work with!!!! - if he had linished off the deeper pitting it would have thinner than a mini bumper!!!

http://www.shmetalfinishing.co.uk/2401/frames.php

He is based at Openshaw, Greater Manchester, so if you are in the NW England area, it could save you a bunch on postage.

Isn't this a great site!!!

Cheers

Alan

nice looking car alan - i'm sure elfgirl will agree - her favourite colour!

p.s. keeping to subject - when i ordered from bm i had no trouble at all - good company to deal with
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  superworm Sat May 09, 2009 2:02 am

Yo TonyElf...I forgot to mention that my chromer stated that there can be a "dissimilar metal" interaction between the chrome on the bumper and the (lack-of) chrome on the bumper bolts leading to rust around the bolt heads - he recommended that I insert a nylon washer under the bumper bolt heads and the upper surface of the bumper - which I have done by turning up a few on the olde lathe. btw, the bumper I had chromed was the rear bumper - quite a bit more work than a front one so £70 was a great deal! SH Metal finishing have now got my olde overiders so I'll let you all know how they are when I get them back.
Love the colour of your Elf...looks same as my original Mk1 (Downton) 850cc Elf....isn't that "Kingfisher Blue" ???

Yo Big_Al....you have now made me feel guilty if Elfgirl likes the colour - it is non-standard as a buddy of mine had a couple of quarts of Carmine Red left over from respraying his Triumph 2500TC...it should be (of course) Damask Red but it may well finish up with that correct colour before too long....but then, there is not much standard about Elfie...it (he!!) is bursting with "period modifications" like a 1071S Engine and Suspension, twin tanks, ally wheels, 100mph Speedo, etc. ad nauseum - and just fitted a Mini Mk4 Washer/Wiper/Dip/Indicator switches to the Mini Mk2 Column (originally Mk2 Elf with the little green warning light on the end of the column switch stalk!). I was getting a little cheesed at thrashing around in the dark trying to find my dash wiper switch whilst trying to keep up with my buddy's AC 3000ME on a dark and rainy nights on the truck infested lanes of the M6.

Cheers
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat May 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Alan, Welcome to the forum.
£70 for the rear bumper is definately a bargain, Mine cost me £180 (that included some small dents being addressed too so I'm not complaining!)
I had thought about the disimilar material business and the fact that on tightening up the overrider bolts that the surface inside the bumper would get damaged and put a plastic spacer there. I do think it will still rust with capillery action between the plastic and the bumper though?
As for the chrome bolts on the bumper I may consider your suggestion but still think water will lie there too?
The Elf colour is Forentine Blue BTW.
I have tried to keep the Elf as standard as possible with a couple of exceptions. The dashboard switch between the temp and oil gauges is now replaced with a Flasher switch for the screen wash motor (which is just inside the pocket so as not tobe seen under bonnet.)
I am contemplating swapping the wiper and headlight switches over to bring the wipers nearer to hand as I seem to be using the bl**dy things more than the lights in this weather! LOL
You mention the M6. where are you based?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Sat May 09, 2009 3:17 pm

TONYELF wrote:Hi Alan, Welcome to the forum.
£70 for the rear bumper is definately a bargain, Mine cost me £180 (that included some small dents being addressed too so I'm not complaining!)
I had thought about the disimilar material business and the fact that on tightening up the overrider bolts that the surface inside the bumper would get damaged and put a plastic spacer there. I do think it will still rust with capillery action between the plastic and the bumper though?
As for the chrome bolts on the bumper I may consider your suggestion but still think water will lie there too?
The Elf colour is Forentine Blue BTW.
I have tried to keep the Elf as standard as possible with a couple of exceptions. The dashboard switch between the temp and oil gauges is now replaced with a Flasher switch for the screen wash motor (which is just inside the pocket so as not tobe seen under bonnet.)
I am contemplating swapping the wiper and headlight switches over to bring the wipers nearer to hand as I seem to be using the bl**dy things more than the lights in this weather! LOL
You mention the M6. where are you based?

I really like the idea of swapping those switches over, that makes so much sense to me. How difficult is that to do?
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat May 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Elfgirl. Swapping the switches is fairly easy. There are two screws holding the heater to the centre rail (these are in front of the heater panel I gave you) Lower the heater down slowly at the front just enought to get fingers to the switches.(it hinges down on two bolts on the underside at the back of the heater) You may have to put something under the heater unit to support it.
The switches them selves are held by the hexagonal nut on the front. All you have to do is swap the switches over without touching the wires but to be on the safe side you should disconnect the battery.
Note, You will have to do a little modification here. you will need a small flat file, to file a Flat on the side of each hole to allow the switches to be swapped. this is because the flats already there stop the switches from swivelling round when you tighten the nuts up.The only way they will fit in the other holes is to turn the switches upside down! Make sure the wires will be a position where they won't get crushed when you lift the heater back up.
The hardest part of the job is getting the first two screws back into the holes in the center rail!
Good luck and have fun trying to switch the lights on with the wiper switch and vice versa!
I'm going to do mine now I've made it sound so easy!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 pm

quick note re: bm's overriders - i've just ordered a pair for a club member and brian reckons that leaves him with just four left. he's going to check his stock and let me know. i then thought i'd check the club's finances and purchase the last four to keep them safe 'til club members need them in the future. is this a good idea? is this the sort of thing you'd like me to spend your money on folks? input invited.....
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 am

Big_Al_Smith wrote:quick note re: bm's overriders - i've just ordered a pair for a club member and brian reckons that leaves him with just four left. he's going to check his stock and let me know. i then thought i'd check the club's finances and purchase the last four to keep them safe 'til club members need them in the future. is this a good idea? is this the sort of thing you'd like me to spend your money on folks? input invited.....
I agree Al, if Brian will part with them (he won't sell them to the Riley club) so good luck with that. I'm absolutely made up with mine.
Should the Club make a few quid profit? after all you may be hanging on to them for a while and postage is likely to go up?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

overiders wanted - Page 2 Empty overriders

Post  spongebob Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:47 am

good idea Al, i'd be happy for my membership to go towards securing spares for the club as a non profit scheme for paid genuine members.
Maybe even create a parts database via the forum to search out bits, i have a selection of spares in storage that i collect when the price is right "just in case!"
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

overiders wanted - Page 2 Empty Hmm

Post  DyNoRod Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 am

Wouldnt it just be better to let him sell them to someone who wants them to use? (as I say this I am writing a cheque to post to him, as I never actually got around to ordering any, and he didnt accept the paypal payment I send him ages ago).

Is he going to make anymore?

Ad
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  catmint Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:57 am

DyNoRod wrote:

Is he going to make anymore?

Ad

No - he hasn't go the dies any more

catmint

http://www.catmint.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:29 am

Of course,you send your cheque off asap. First come first served!
Anybody else who needs them can order them off Somerford Mini at around £58 each, I'm not sure if postage is on top of that though?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 pm

TONYELF wrote:Of course,you send your cheque off asap. First come first served!
Anybody else who needs them can order them off Somerford Mini at around £58 each, I'm not sure if postage is on top of that though?

oh yes, agreed - 1st come 1st served - be quick though - he ain't got many!
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  DyNoRod Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Hold on... if your buying them to sell... just let me get them... lol

Actually car is coming along now, welding finished, subframes all built up, and polish painter located! Hope to have its first outing at the IMM...

I have pretty much everything short of the tyres and the odds and ends that will be required when building back up! I bought another bonnet spear on ebay this week, so fingers crossed that it turns up and isnt another lemon! Oh! and airvents
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  catmint Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:43 pm

DyNoRod wrote: Oh! and airvents

ooops - forgot to mention did them at the weekend for you

Gordon

catmint

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:05 am

[quote="DyNoRod"]Hold on... if your buying them to sell... just let me get them... lol

Big Al and I were suggesting you get your cheque to Brian quick and not for the club to buy them! LOL
Good luck in finishing your little motor!
Tony Laughing Rolling Eyes
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DyNoRod Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:40 am

I posted it today, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for sorting the airvents - Do you want a cheque or paypal?

Ad
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  catmint Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm

DyNoRod wrote:I posted it today, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for sorting the airvents - Do you want a cheque or paypal?

Ad

PM sent

catmint

Back to top Go down

Post  DyNoRod Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:04 am

Thanks Catmint - PM and payment sent!

Looks like the postman will have a few presents for me in the next week! Still no bonnet spear though!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  DyNoRod Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:58 am

Been like Christmas as the Smith house this week!

Nice new airvents thanks to Mr Catmint, Nice set of four new shiny overriders thanks to Mr Cherrington, ARP heabolts thanks to Mini Speed, Vent pipe reducer kit from ebay and nice new coldair vent pipes from some motorsport company in Silverstone!

Thanks All
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next