Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

original engine size

2 posters

Go down

original engine size Empty original engine size

Post  psychobob Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:16 pm

did all hornets come with a 998 as standard or where they available with a 1275? only asking as my insurance company covered my extensively modified hornet with no problems until i dropped a 1275 in, then they didn't want to know. my broker found another company easily enough but without an agreed value (which, considering the rising classic values, is probably a good thing). just curious why, after a long list of mods, the engine was a problem. any ideas?
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

original engine size Empty Re: original engine size

Post  superworm Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 am

Mk1 Elves/Hornets were 850cc and Mk2 /3 had the 998cc which subsequently, in mildly tuned form, found their way into Mini-Coopers.

Elves/Hornets never had a 1275cc engine.

Have you tried Footman James ? - Talk to Antony on 0121 561 6218

You might do better if you have fitted decent brakes (Cooper 'S' 7.5" Discs) as part of your modifications
superworm
superworm

Back to top Go down

Post  psychobob Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:46 am

it already has cooper brakes with stainless pistons and minifins on the back. also gaz dampers all round and its polybushed everywhere. the 1275 has a stage 1 kit but other than that is completely standard. it wasn't exactly an enormous speed increase. it probably does explain it if the never had them as standard though. i'll try footman james next time, i think.
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down