Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMM 50th Anniversary event Birmingham August 7th tp 9th

Go down

IMM 50th Anniversary event Birmingham August 7th tp 9th Empty IMM 50th Anniversary event Birmingham August 7th tp 9th

Post  Elf Service Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 pm

As most of you are aware, 2009 is the 50th anniversary of the first Mini rolling off the production line at the then Austin Works in Longbridge South West Birmingham. To celebrate this iconic car, there will be several special events held around the country throughout the year. One of the key events will be held at Cofton Park, opposite the Longbridge works over the weekend of 7th to 9th August. Living only 10 minutes from the Longbridge site (what's left of it) I have volunteered to investigate organising an Elf and Hornet Register stand.

Initial requests have been sent to the organisers requesting more information. The individual cost per adult is £55.00 which if you wish to stay for the weekend isn't too bad as it includes overnight camping facilities, evening meal, entertainment from serveral live bands and breakfast the following morning. If like me you wish to travel to and from the event each day, then the cost is steep to say the least. Reading the organisers website www.imm2009.co.uk there will be day passes available with details released a little nearer the time (I have asked for more information specifically for day visitors).
Check out the Mini clubs already booked in. There are clubs from the UK and Europe and even a club from Mexico, serious stuff.

Can you let me know how many people would like to consider coming along to what will be a Mini event to remember?
I'm looking for interested parties for the weekend and just day visitors. You don't need to commit at this stage, I'm just after a rough idea to reserve our plot and try to negotiate a group booking discount.

Any questions,thoughts,suggestions (nothing too rude) and so on, etc.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down