Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value?

4 posters

Go down

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? Empty 1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value?

Post  WeegieBob Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi All,

I've been offered an Automatic Hornet by the owner, however I feel he's asking too much for the condition its in. That said, I've still got a lot to learn and could be doing the gent an injustice because of my lack of experience with prices for late model Hornets.

Generally its all there, fairly tidy, interior is a bit tired and there's evidence of filler in the usual places, however the area that's causing me the most concern is the front "A" panels, offside front wing and the unique Hornet (/ Elf) front panel.

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? <a href=1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? DSCF0875-Copy_zps63e9c506" />

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? <a href=1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? DSCF0881-Copy_zpsc44899be" />

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? <a href=1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? DSCF0879-Copy_zps11f6a4e9" />

Could anybody hazard a guess of a reasonable price from the little information I've supplied?

Many thanks, WeegieBob.
WeegieBob
WeegieBob

Back to top Go down

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? Empty hornet value

Post  shelly20 Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 am

hi,just spotted your post.

putting a value on a car that I havnt seen is tricky.

for starters,and I may be wrong,but I wouldn't say the auto would be as valuable as a manual car,due to different engine and automatic gear box problems.

also you have to look at the body work,from the pictures it needs a whole front end,A panels/wings and a good bit of work on front panel.

what are sills and floor like?

does the car still have its original seats? I can see headrests??

if it starts/stops/and goes,needing the work talked about id say it has a value of around 800/1000stg that's just me now,im from Ireland and I to picked up a auto elf,in very good order for 1350euro,around 1100stg to you.

what is the owner asking for her?

lets see if anyone else has any ideas on value,if you realy like it,and can do the work,go a bit higher than what ive valued.

its not worth thousands unless it was a early mk1.

keep in touch,and best of luck.

jay

shelly20

Back to top Go down

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? Empty Re: 1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value?

Post  WeegieBob Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 am

shelly20 wrote:hi,just spotted your post.

putting a value on a car that I havnt seen is tricky.

for starters,and I may be wrong,but I wouldn't say the auto would be as valuable as a manual car,due to different engine and automatic gear box problems.

also you have to look at the body work,from the pictures it needs a whole front end,A panels/wings and a good bit of work on front panel.

what are sills and floor like?

does the car still have its original seats?  I can see headrests??

if it starts/stops/and goes,needing the work talked about id say it has a value of around 800/1000stg   that's just me now,im from Ireland and I to picked up a auto elf,in very good order for 1350euro,around 1100stg to you.

what is the owner asking for her?

lets see if anyone else has any ideas on value, if you realy like it, and can do the work, go a bit higher than what ive valued.

its not worth thousands unless it was a early mk1.

keep in touch, and best of luck.

jay
Many thanks Jay.

This is an interior shot that I when I first came across the car -
1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? <a href=1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? DSCF0876_zps1c09b37f" />

The vendor is looking for about £3500, however I felt £2250 / £2500 may be closer to the mark, but as I mentioned before I may be being too cheap here. And much to my surprise as I was going through the pictures I took I've just noticed its got twin filler caps, so I'd image twin tanks as well.
WeegieBob
WeegieBob

Back to top Go down

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? Empty oops

Post  shelly20 Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:20 am

hi bob,read your reply there.

the car seems better than I thought.

wouldn't be to keen on the seats with headrests on them:D .

see without seeing it,its hard to say. over here in Ireland,i picked my elfs up very cheaply, 1450 for my solid manual car,and much the same for my automatic.

there was a hornet sold here for 1600euro,it was good but a bit low on one side,needed a pump up:lol: .

so maybe 2000/2250stg is its value,best if someone else on the site puts up there thoughts on value.

mint elf/hornets seem to be big money,and good ones seem to be from 1500stg.

will be intrested as this post goes on.

jay

shelly20

Back to top Go down

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? Empty YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY YOU TAKES YOUR CHOICE !

Post  David2010 Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm

I sold two cars last April - one for € 2,000 (stg£ 1,720) & the other for €200 (stg£ 172).                                          
                                     Guess which amount for which car ? No prizes.

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? P3070310
                                           1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? P4180310
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value? Empty Re: 1968 Wolseley Hornet (Automatic) Suggested Value?

Post  WeegieBob Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks Dave - that helps me gauge a reasonable value with the Hornet I'm looking at. Wink
WeegieBob
WeegieBob

Back to top Go down

Post  soupdragon Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Ah, the opulent decadence of an Automatic Hornet....
Did you buy it (jelous!)?

soupdragon
soupdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  WeegieBob Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi soupdragon,

No, I didn't as looking at all the ads for Hornets I felt the gent was expecting too much for the condition its in.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice enough wee motor that would have suited my purposes admirably, however his asking price and adding what I want to do to the car to make it 'mine' was more than I have to spend.

So, I'm still looking.

WeegieBob. Wink
WeegieBob
WeegieBob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down