Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

panels and where to get them from

2 posters

Go down

panels and where to get them from Empty panels and where to get them from

Post  dean Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:11 pm

hello, better introduce my self first. my name is dean and i live down on the south coast. been into minis and working on the for the last 10 years, i have a 1962 fiesta yellow mk1, which i am in stages of a full restoration, doing it properly no cutting corners or bodges, it right not nothing, thats the way i am. i like to get it right, perfect as possible

but been looking into getting a elf or hornet. and went and looked at 69 hornet today. but it needs some panels
i know there it m-machine but they dont seem to do the panels i after

so where can i get

rear quarters
boot floor
lower boot frame lip( where the lock latch is)

all the rest is easy to get, floors ,sills, doors wings etc

thanks for any help

dean

dean

Back to top Go down

panels and where to get them from Empty Re: panels and where to get them from

Post  asahartz Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:56 pm

It might be worth contacting M-machine - I know they supply rear valances but they're not listed on their site.

The boot floor is standard Mini with an extension plate, which is available from our own Catmint.

Otherwise I don't know of anyone supplying the parts - when I restored mine I repaired both quarters and boot lower edge. With some cars there is simply no alternative. I used to have an A40 Farina on which I repaired the wings extensively, as new ones, if you can find them, are £450+ Shocked
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  dean Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 pm

just relised its in the wrong section, but hey.

thanks very much for the info its nice to hear some people are doing great things to keep these cars alive.

looks like i have to patch those bits in on the rear if i get the car im looking at, which is easy done as its only the lower section and not higher up by the rear light,

i turning it into a racer look a like , so i not going to use rear bumpers, so could get rid of the bumper lip, lots to think about, thats if i get it

dean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down