Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1966 Elf for sale - vgc

3 posters

Go down

1966 Elf for sale - vgc Empty 1966 Elf for sale - vgc

Post  herculessmiley Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 pm

From the time when England won the World Cup, a beautiful little Riley Elf. We've had it for 8 years and maintained it meticulously. Not long before we bought it, our "Smiley Riley" had a ground up restoration and we have all the photographs to show the work done. It's been sympathetically restored with all period fittings - no Metro seats here!! Even the radio was sourced to be age appropriate. It's done very few miles in our ownership; we've taken it to car shows and have done the occasional long haul from Devon to East Anglia, so it can be used for lengthy runs if you want to. The car is in superb order - leather fully redone in its mega-restoration and new carpet throughout etc. We've seen a fair few over the years and only one has been better than this (spotted at the Euston Hall steam rally). It's just been MoT'd and serviced so absolutely ready to roll at this summer's shows. What's not so good? Just the things that are probably inevitable in a car that's nearly 45 years old and honest 60s style, not 21st century. The heater is hopeless; it "works" but presumably was no good even in 1966. Panel gaps are not up to modern standards and a bit of fresh air makes its way round the door seals! The radio looks the part but is pretty hopeless like the heater. We've thoroughly enjoyed owning and showing Smiley Riley, but my son's traction engine interest has waned, so no more excuses for joining the rallies. Time for someone else to enjoy the car.

http://www.autoweb.co.uk/WSCarDetails.asp?cdID=10748229 is a site where I've been able to upload photos.

herculessmiley

Back to top Go down

1966 Elf for sale - vgc Empty Re: 1966 Elf for sale - vgc

Post  asahartz Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 pm

The heaters can be made to work well with a few tweaks, my (67) Elf heater is positively toasty. Hope you find a good buyer.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  albertriley Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 am

Good night, friend!!.

Good grief...!. This car is really...,really WOR DER FULL!!. I can assure you..., I like it very, very much...

My problem: I´m Spanish, and I think it could be possible (I´ve discussed in this forum...) to bring a English car to my country...,but don´t know excatly the real cost in money...

But as I was saying before, you´ve got a very, very nice car...,a car that could be mine...,with money...,money that in this moment haven´t got...,but I very agree with the final price. In Spain I´ve found another model as the yours...,but it cost 11,500 €!.

Definitely...,that car could be mine...,but with the money and knowing in which way I could bring it to Spain...,with a not much higher cost.

BR!!.

albertriley

Back to top Go down

1966 Elf for sale - vgc Empty El Elf

Post  herculessmiley Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:47 am

Looks like I should be in the Riley export business!

herculessmiley

Back to top Go down

Post  albertriley Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 am

Good night to everybody...

Sorry for the missunderstanding,herculessmiley!.I didn´t refer you make the importer for the Riley models...,jeje.

I only did refer that as I´m Spanish (what a problem in UK...,don´t you?...,jeje), it could be difficult for me bring a car form UK to my country...,but the good people in this forum have helped me very well, and when the times comes...,I´ll have my car driving to Barcelona!.

BR!!.

albertriley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down