Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June

5 posters

Go down

Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June Empty Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June

Post  We Are The Mods Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Last edited by TONYELF on Wed May 12, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Date added)
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June Empty Re: Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June

Post  RobBFG Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 am

That's not Weston! Rolling Eyes It's halfway between Cribbs Causeway retail park and Severn Beach, all just a little North-West of Bristol. I work on an industrial estate near the site I believe they are using.

Normally I would go, but I'm going on the Thistle Run which is the same day. No doubt my mini club West Country Minis will have a stand there apart from the few of us going up North.
RobBFG
RobBFG

Back to top Go down

Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June Empty Re: Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June

Post  asahartz Thu May 13, 2010 12:49 am

More importantly to me, it's the Clubman Estate Register Thong Run weekend, and yours truly is the Saturday night entertainment!
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:33 pm

I was very surprised but very happy to win the Variants Class with "Rupe" in the Show n Shine at Bristol Mini Day on Sunday, against stiff opposition!

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  We Are The Mods Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm

What another one. I keep meaning to come up and have a chat but never doo
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Next time, come say hello!
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  RobBFG Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:13 am

Well done Jase and Rupe!

The winner.
Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June IMGP0067

The other Elf on the show.
Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June IMGP0068

And the third Elf of the day on a club stand.
Bristol Mini Day (Well in weston)6th June IMGP0066
RobBFG
RobBFG

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Cheers Rob, but they are all winners in my opinion! Smile
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  RobBFG Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:06 pm

I just noticed that all three are F reg! Yes, all were worthy winners. I just wish I could have made it four, not much longer though.

The orange Elf does look smart, not sure I'd choose that colour for my self though.

The black Elf looks a bit like what I was think of after my accident earlier this year. It appeared to be an Elf shell with all late mini equipment.
RobBFG
RobBFG

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 am

"Melf" (No. 40) is either Brown or Dark Maroon (I don't know, I'm colour blind! ) But he ain't Black.

The Volcano Orange is beautiful, but I'm guessing the judges went for the "original" look this time round - depends on the judges I guess?

There were 2 other Elf's I saw, one of which was very sad and on a trailer

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 am

"original look" ??? Maybe it was a good job I didn't turn up? Cool

(I would have done if granddad duties hadn't called (for my new granddaughter Ffion !)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm

By "Original look", I mean mine looks more "original" in as much as it has the "original" Elf engine bay - with the same block, dynamo, head, rocker cover, air filter, regulator etc etc... that it was "born" with!

I know it's not "original" in the anal purist sense, but to be fair, is anyone's??? Plus, mine still has the "original" hydrolastic, and "original" clutch! And it gets used regularly and driven to shows (rather than trailored) and it's so easy to tell in the summer which ones are trailored and driven in from just outside the gate because they never have any flies on the front! Laughing

Took me ages picking those little blighters out of my grille! pale

Anyways, I don't give a monkey's personally whether any Elf's/Hornets are "original" or not as long as they are on the road! However my personal preference is to uprate components where necessary (ie when they fail) but keep the "original look" - the keyword being "look", not "original". And I think I have achieved that for the most part.

At the end of the day, it's all down to the preference on the day, of the judges doing the job.

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down