Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim

3 posters

Go down

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim Empty Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim

Post  bmcelf Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:00 am

I replaced the inner window weatherstrip on my Elf with a Mini replacement but want to restore the original trim. I got the correct weatherstrip but don't know how to attach it to the trim strip. The original was stapled with probably some type of special stapler. The space for the staple is too narrow for anything I have. Does anyone know of a way to attach the new weather strip to the old trim strip. Pictures attached show the Elf trim/weatherstrip, the original weatherstrip stapled to the trim, and the Elf trim with the new weather strip.

Jim

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim WindowWS3

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim WindowWS2-1

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim WindowWS1

Last edited by bmcelf on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct image)
bmcelf
bmcelf

Back to top Go down

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim Empty Re: Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim

Post  CamelotR Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:19 am

I have glued it on with some kind of silicon adhessive (clear, non corrosive type, suitable to attach to stainless) . It worked fine.

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim Empty Re: Attaching weather strp to inner door glass trim

Post  TONYELF Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:12 am

My Mk 2 does not have this but has a chrome strip which because the chap who re skimmed the door panel had not removed the last skin at this point, re skimmed over it making it too thick to use the clips.
I used a silicone (used for sealing plastic house window, dries clear) I had to clamp it until it set. (it's still in place 18 months later!)
Some mates of mine have used this method successfully for other chrome strips instead of the body clips!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down