Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Chester UK

+2
elfgirl
TONYELF
6 posters

Go down

Hello from Chester UK Empty Hello from Chester UK

Post  TONYELF Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:26 am

Hi Folks. At last after many attempts I have managed to log on!
My name is Tony and am the proud owner of a 1964 Elf .Aquired in 2006.
The Elf was found in the garage of it's deceased owner. It had been standing since 1986 (tax disc still on window) without a flywheel and broken clutch housing.
No one knew why how or anything about the car so no history or V5. This was obtained luckily with original registration
A new flywheel and clutch housing was found and fitted (how else was I to find out if engine was ok? it had 50500 miles on clock)
Fresh petrol ,fuel pipe and carb bowl flushed out 5 turns and it fired Whoo Whoo! A quick spin around the garage lot to check clutch and gear selection ok. All seemed fine so down to the nitty gritty to remove the cancer. All in all New cills (inner and outer) new wings and A panel (inner and outer) and two front floor panels completed the welding.
This took over three years on and off and eventually due to a little win on the lottery of £1099 I was able to have it re-sprayed earlier this year.
As you folks will know when bits are taken off motors and put n "safe places" you cannot find them when you want them!
(what do you do with all the nuts and bolts you have left over at the end????)
The results can be viewed below. I hope you like. Further photos of the project can be seen on link below
Hello from Chester UK PA050118
Hello from Chester UK PB040033
Hello from Chester UK PA260207

https://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t45/TONYELF-2006/riley%20elf%20restoration/ Enjoy Very Happy

Also check out my clubs website www.miniaddicts.co.uk Run by my son-in -law (I,m TONYELF please mention my username. the forum is free)

Last edited by TONYELF on Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hello from Chester UK Empty Re: Hello from Chester UK

Post  elfgirl Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:13 am

Wow!

I'm speechless (and very jealous!!)
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:03 am

Thanks I'll take that as a compliment but don't forget the camera always lies. The chrome work is not concourse.
I'm keeping it as original as possible. The exception being the door mirrors (not the 60's but elf and safety comes first!) Laughing
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  We Are The Mods Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:22 am

You have a nice elf there
We Are The Mods
We Are The Mods
Admin

http://theraleighchopper.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  melfandbertie Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:40 pm

Hello

I saw this elf and I thought 'snap'. I have a mkII 1964blue/cream elf called Bertie which is more or less identical to yours. The funny thing is that although I now live in Devon with my husband I come from Chester and was born just outside of Chester at Malpas. Bertie is my elf and my husband has another elf called 'Melf' . Melf has been radically modified but I am insistent that apart from his wheels that Bertie stays more or less orginal. I notice that yours is pre registration, Bertie is registered on a B plate.
Hello from Chester UK MelfBertieatRoadford1

See what I mean Shocked
melfandbertie
melfandbertie

http://www.letsshimmy.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 pm

very nice little car cheers
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:44 am

Thank you folks for your welcoming compliments.
How strange for melfandbertie's owner coming from Chester! I live on the Saughall/ Mollington Blacon intersection but am a Scouser from Liverpool exiled 57 years ago!.
My Elf was registered in Taunton. Certain Licencing Authoritys had surplus registrations such as mine and had to use up as many of them as possible.
I was lucky, the guy who inherited the Elf only wanted the reg for Buggatti replica but fortunately for me he had no means of preparing the Elf for the MOT which he needed to transfer the number and with a little persuasion let me keep the reg on the car. Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:09 am

the elf looks good Tony I should keep my eyes peeled for it in the summer I only live in Wrexham

CJ

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am

Hello CJ Welcome to the forum. you are invited to join me on miniaddicts run on Sunday next.
We are having a round trip of approx 8O miles from Mold. (you can turn up in your daily drive if your classic is off the road ) Very Happy You do not have to put your name down , just turn up
http://www.miniaddicts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3418
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down