Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Name - Time for a change?

4 posters

Go down

My Name - Time for a change? Empty My Name - Time for a change?

Post  Grant Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:41 pm

I look at all the user names and they're all quite good ie Red Riley, Catmint, Melfandbertie, elfgirl, Big Al, Discoman, etc but I'm just "Grant" so I'm thinking about changing my user name to "RElf". At least it's slightly more imaginative than Grant. But can I change my user name on the forum?
Also I was going to call my car "Thranduil". I actually thought this was clever but my wife thinks its pretentious.

Since me and my car live in NZ where Lord of the Rings was filmed and the car is a bit OTT, I thought Thranduil was kind of appropriate. Thranduil was the Elf King in Lord of the Rings.

So what does everyone think? Time for a name change?

Grant

Back to top Go down

My Name - Time for a change? Empty Re: My Name - Time for a change?

Post  Big_Al_Smith Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 pm

better the devil you know..... Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Grant wrote:I look at all the user names and they're all quite good ie Red Riley, Catmint, Melfandbertie, elfgirl, Big Al, Discoman, etc but I'm just "Grant" so I'm thinking about changing my user name to "RElf". At least it's slightly more imaginative than Grant. But can I change my user name on the forum?
Also I was going to call my car "Thranduil". I actually thought this was clever but my wife thinks its pretentious.

Since me and my car live in NZ where Lord of the Rings was filmed and the car is a bit OTT, I thought Thranduil was kind of appropriate. Thranduil was the Elf King in Lord of the Rings.

So what does everyone think? Time for a name change?

I'm all for a bit of on-line anonymity - I now know many club members and trust them fully, but you never know who else is out there and what they might do with your information (sorry, bit of a work hat on there - teaching kids cybersafety and all that).

I was never quite sure how to pronounce Thranduil (when I read it on the old forum) as , she says showing her ignorance, I've never read Lord of the Rings and before Big Al tries to get me to read it - it is not gonna happen - but I do have to say ELf King- I love it!! (sorry Mrs Grant). Definately a case of if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand!

It's a tough decision mate, I'd grab a drink and go with my gut instinct. If you're going to be RElf, can we assume you're not RElf Harris?
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

My Name - Time for a change? Empty Keep it Simple

Post  Red Riley Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 am

Not so sure about Relf. Sounds like something I've done after too much grog.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down