Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amount of Elfs/Hornets on the roads today?

+13
spongebob
asahartz
cheleker
miniman86
evmck
Cupcake
Big_Al_Smith
TONYELF
elfgirl
We Are The Mods
Admin
discoman41
minikid14
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amount of Elfs/Hornets on the roads today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Amount of Elfs/Hornets on the roads today?

Post  TONYELF Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:08 pm

I always sent a cheque for a tenner, it's hardly worth writing one out for a fiver! I believe quite a few of us do too. Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amount of Elfs/Hornets on the roads today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Amount of Elfs/Hornets on the roads today?

Post  asahartz Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Ah, another problem, I don't have a chequebook... any other way to pay?
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:35 pm

asahartz wrote:Ah, another problem, I don't have a chequebook... any other way to pay?

£5 note in the post? Wink

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Al does accept Paypal now actually. He asks for £5.25 . to alistair.smith60@ntworld.com 910.50 for overseas members. you will of course have to give your name and address,Model and year of car.
correction £10.50 for overseas members!

Last edited by TONYELF on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:22 am

TONYELF wrote:Al does accept Paypal now actually. He asks for £5.25 . to alistair.smith60@ntworld.com 910.50 for overseas members. you will of course have to give your name and address,Model and year of car.

910.50? Blimey! that's a lot! Laughing

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:29 am

£10.50 ! sorry! All thumbs last night! Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

Laughing
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 am

TONYELF wrote:Al does accept Paypal now actually. He asks for £5.25 . to alistair.smith60@ntlworld.com 910.50 for overseas members. you will of course have to give your name and address,Model and year of car.
correction £10.50 for overseas members!

The corrected version (with the name and amounts correct!):

Al does accept Paypal now actually. He asks for £5.25 to alastair.smith60@ntlworld.com £10.50 for overseas members. you will of course have to give your name and address, model and year of car.

Last edited by Big_Al_Smith on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 am

Just wondering.... Since the higher membership rate for overseas members is assumed to pay for higher mailing costs for the newsletter, and the newsletter is now available as an emailed PDF, does it make sense to have a higher rate for those members wishing an email-only newsletter to pay a higher price for membership, regardless of their geographical situation?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Red Riley wrote:Just wondering.... Since the higher membership rate for overseas members is assumed to pay for higher mailing costs for the newsletter, and the newsletter is now available as an emailed PDF, does it make sense to have a higher rate for those members wishing an email-only newsletter to pay a higher price for membership, regardless of their geographical situation?

That's a very good point Brian! Which also begs the question, maybe the £10.50 should apply to all members who can only or prefer to have their newletter posted out in hard copy (regardless of geographical location) and tidy it up nicely to £10... and ask for £5 to all members who choose to have their newsletter via .pdf?

Al.... over to you.....

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 am

Aha, good question, one to ponder. It all came about to cover postage costs before newsletters could be sent out via email. This one i shall have a think about - it'd probably need me to alter my subs list and have two lists for postal/ email subs so it'd create a little extra work (must remember to post that "secretary wanted" ad.!)

Very fair point though and i will consider it thoroughly......and get back to you. I do plan to keep the subs at the same price for 2011 though i shall probably cut the newsletters down to quarterly rather than bi-monthly, which, with the work that shall save, should give me time to administer two seperate subs databases!

Watch this space....
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  bmcelf Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 am

I like the idea of PDF distribution of the newsletter. I would think it is easier to email it than to do the whole posting thing. Cost for membership should reflect payment via Paypal to cover the fees involved. A request for mail distribution should be accompanied by an extra charge. I think at this stage email distribution makes more sense.

The Riley Owners publish a very Slick monthly as does the North American MGA Register. I know the members of NAMGAR agreed to pay more in dues to keep the slick magazine instead of emailed PDF. (Both have dues much higher that the Elf/Hornet Register.)

My £0.02 .

Jim

bmcelf
bmcelf

Back to top Go down

Post  mac1776 Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Here's another one!!
Great site What a Face
Thanks Jase
mac1776
mac1776

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi Mac,

Could you PM me with a pic of your car and your reg, so I can add it to my list? Trying to gather 1 pic of every one of the 327 on the road....

Cheers

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Mine is still not on the road, does it count jase Laughing

how many do you actually have on record now?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.elf-hornet-register.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Amount of Elfs/Hornets on the roads today? - Page 2 Empty Paypal address

Post  paulsminis Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 am

I attempted to paypal money for dues to the email address noted above and PayPal says they have no such account set up. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks,

Paul
paulsminis
paulsminis

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:54 am

paulsminis wrote:I attempted to paypal money for dues to the email address noted above and PayPal says they have no such account set up. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul, bigAl is busy and does not come on forum often.
Try paying by paypal on
elfhornetregister@hotmail.com and send email to Al on same email address explaining problem with your name address etc.Thanks
And welcome to our register
Tony
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paulsminis Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:08 am

Tony,

Paypal accepted that email address to the account. As you asked I sent Al an email with my address and car details. I feel better already that I am not freeloading on the forum.

Thanks for the help!

Paul
paulsminis
paulsminis

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 pm

paulsminis wrote:Tony,

Paypal accepted that email address to the account. As you asked I sent Al an email with my address and car details. I feel better already that I am not freeloading on the forum.

Thanks for the help!

Paul
Thanks for the payment Paul, Much appreciated. I am pleased the Forum is of some help and interest.
Tony
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:50 am

TONYELF wrote:
paulsminis wrote:I attempted to paypal money for dues to the email address noted above and PayPal says they have no such account set up. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul, bigAl is busy and does not come on forum often.
Try paying by paypal on
elfhornetregister@hotmail.com and send email to Al on same email address explaining problem with your name address etc.Thanks
And welcome to our register
Tony

Yes, sorry, very busy of late - on here after work at a quarter to two in the morning! just checked and realised that my earlier post with paypal address details was wrong - have now corrected it.

Paypal payments go to:

alastair.smith60@ntlworld.com NOT the Elf Hornet Register as this is only for hotmail emails and not set up for paypal.

apologies once again - any paypal payments to elf hornet reg. should be cancelled
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:52 am

bmcelf wrote:I like the idea of PDF distribution of the newsletter. I would think it is easier to email it than to do the whole posting thing. Cost for membership should reflect payment via Paypal to cover the fees involved. A request for mail distribution should be accompanied by an extra charge. I think at this stage email distribution makes more sense.

The Riley Owners publish a very Slick monthly as does the North American MGA Register. I know the members of NAMGAR agreed to pay more in dues to keep the slick magazine instead of emailed PDF. (Both have dues much higher that the Elf/Hornet Register.)

My £0.02 .

Jim

i have pondered, and have decided that from the start of 2011, the subs will stay the same, but the newsletters will reduce to 4 a year instead of 6, BUT overseas members who take it via email will only pay the same as UK members. i hope this is acceptable - will all be explained in dec. newsletter...

Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  paulsminis Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Big Al,

I canceled the previous payment to the register and paid your paypal account for dues.

Thanks,

Paul
paulsminis
paulsminis

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:27 pm

thanks, but it's not showing up on my paypal account as yet - will check again later in case there's been a delay
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  paulsminis Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Hopefully it is there by now. I re-sent it. I.

Thanks,

Paul

Big_Al_Smith wrote:thanks, but it's not showing up on my paypal account as yet - will check again later in case there's been a delay
paulsminis
paulsminis

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:05 am

got it okay now mate - thanks very much - will be in touch real soon, and add a couple of stickers etc to cover the extra you sent
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum