Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Valence hornet

4 posters

Go down

Rear Valence hornet Empty Rear Valence hornet

Post  mac Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 am

Hi folks.
Does anybody have for sale or know where to get a rear valence for a hornet ? i know that they are available but at a heafty price.
Are there any fibreglass replacement panels still available ?
Many thanks John
mac
mac

Back to top Go down

Rear Valence hornet Empty Re: Rear Valence hornet

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:12 am

Heres one link. I'm looking for another where a member has "butchered" two new mini valences and made one up.Not strictly the correct size but what the hell?!

https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/sales-f4/rear-valance-s-t249.htm?highlight=rear+valence
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

I've gotten a new set of valance panels for an estate to use on my trailer. I haven't started welding them on yet, but they look to be a decent fit although not quite as deep as the original valance.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

TONYELF wrote:Heres one link. I'm looking for another where a member has "butchered" two new mini valences and made one up. Not strictly the correct size but what the hell?!

That would be me! You have to look hard to tell, and it's definitely better than using van ones as on the car I inspected for Jim. For a total cost of £19 and a bit of labour, it's well worth it IMO! (When I did mine I couldn't find a new Elf one anyway, but for the money I think I'd still do the same again anyway)

Rear Valence hornet Rearvalancenew1

The rear of the Elf is a bit wider than the Mini, so you take just over half of each side, join them in the middle, cut away the end flanges, but kind of diagonally so that the join is on the corner, do a similar job to the cut-off shorter sections to make a side section, cut to length and fold over the edge to join the closers to. That's it in a nutshell; obviously there's a bit of fiddling and panel beating to make it fit, but it's worth the effort. There's no filler on mine BTW.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down