Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine / Gearbox reconditioned

Go down

Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Empty Engine / Gearbox reconditioned

Post  Bryanthemercman Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:08 pm

July 2022

A couple of months ago I lost 3rd & 4th gears on the way back home, I managed to get home all be it at 30mph. The car was delivered to an old friend who worked at BMC Longbridge assembling engines & gearboxes. The engine/gearbox was removed and separated it was discovered that the crankshaft had about 5mm of movement and the engine had been poorly assembled the gearbox also needed attention but I felt it better to fit a fully reconditioned 4 spd syncro box with remote gear change in place of the 3 syncro rather tired gearbox. The engine was stripped and a donor crankshaft, camshaft  sourced the block and head were skimmed and new pistons, bearings etc were fitted. The engine and the gearbox were totally overhauled and all new parts fitted along with a Timing Chain to Timing Belt Conversion.

Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Img-2015   Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Img-2014 Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Img-2017  Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Img-2016  Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Img-2022  Engine / Gearbox reconditioned Img-2023
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Red Riley likes this post

Back to top Go down