Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leather renovation

4 posters

Go down

leather renovation Empty leather renovation

Post  spongebob Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 am

Has anybody got any tips on which products to use to restore my porcelain green seats. i've tried in vain to get a good replacement set so renovation seems to be the next step.Most of the colour dyes available ask for a leather sample to match up colours but is that really necessary? Has anybody used these with success?
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

leather renovation Empty Re: leather renovation

Post  cloud dancer Mon May 11, 2009 2:49 pm

I used the restorative kit from Gliptone (http://www.liquidleather.com/) and there's no doubt that it helped and the seats look a lot better. It's no substitute for a re-trim though, more a cheap short term spruce up.
It's not expensive so give it a go while you save up but it's the lipstick on a pig approach.
For the re-trim I saw these people at a show and their work looked pretty good so I'm planning to give them a try sometime as the prices are reasonable - http://www.minitrimmings.com/

cloud dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon May 11, 2009 10:36 pm

spongebob wrote:Has anybody got any tips on which products to use to restore my porcelain green seats. i've tried in vain to get a good replacement set so renovation seems to be the next step.Most of the colour dyes available ask for a leather sample to match up colours but is that really necessary? Has anybody used these with success?

They only need a strip about 1/2" wide from under one of the seats (where the sun don't reach and fade the material)
I'm quite happy with my attempt at renovation of all the seat although I do admit and agree a re-cover would be the best solution in the long run
leather renovation Dean1
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Fri May 15, 2009 10:46 pm

spongebob wrote:Has anybody got any tips on which products to use to restore my porcelain green seats. i've tried in vain to get a good replacement set so renovation seems to be the next step.Most of the colour dyes available ask for a leather sample to match up colours but is that really necessary? Has anybody used these with success?

It's a while ago now (the girl on the left is now at university!) but I used the stuff from Woolies Trim.

leather renovation Allseats1s

leather renovation Rearseats2

Worked well too, but the harsh reality of daily driving for two years split both my front seats and I will have to retrim now. But I plan to do it on the cheap as we scrapped our dark red leather sofas last year - and all the leather was stripped and stored away for this job!
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down