Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light.

4 posters

Go down

Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light. Empty Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light.

Post  sebillba Sat May 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi,
I am looking for the following Wolseley parts if anyone has spares.
The front side Grill/ indicator chrome
The switch / ignition panel wood surround
An interior light plastic cover.
I really want to get these pieces in the best possible condition I can find, Can anyone help please

Greg

Last edited by sebillba on Mon May 11, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light. Empty Parts

Post  DyNoRod Sun May 10, 2009 6:40 pm

I know Mini Spares sell the centre switch panel, brand new!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light. Empty Re: Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light.

Post  sebillba Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Ive just been looking through the Mini spares site. I probably cant see it for looking Embarassed
As the other half is constantly saying "Are you sure you looked properly, go look again!!"
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light. Empty Re: Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light.

Post  Red Riley Sun May 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Use the search box on the MiniSpares site, and type in Switch panel
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sebillba Mon May 11, 2009 12:15 am

yeh I had done that. I cant see any wood switch surround that matches mine. Several for later Minis but not Hornet ones. Mine has a rectangle cut out the middle for ignition and switches.
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Mon May 11, 2009 4:01 am

sebillba wrote:yeh I had done that. I cant see any wood switch surround that matches mine. Several for later Minis but not Hornet ones. Mine has a rectangle cut out the middle for ignition and switches.

Wood switch surround? That's a new one on me. Are you sure it's not a custom made piece? I've only seen the metal panel with the chrome surround that fits into the lower dash rail.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sebillba Mon May 11, 2009 10:01 am

Wanted, Hornet Front Side Grills, Interior Switch Panel, Interior light. Crop13
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon May 11, 2009 11:07 am

I'm afraid you will not be able to buy a NEW walnut veneered panel like this now.
You may find one on Ebay occaisionaly?
If you require the lower switch panel with the choke and heater buttons www.Minispares.com do have them under "switch panels" (use their search box to find them.) the switches themselves are separate items. Then again they come up on ebay.
You could search ebay by typing in "classic mini parts" in the cars and parts section
good look in your search
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sebillba Mon May 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I think I guessed it was probably unavailable new. Perhapse someone somewhere is either doing a dismantle Sad and might have one, has one tucked away or sees one at an autojumble.
A bit like finding the interior light cover, and the mark 3 side grills its down to someone having either old stock or stripping a car.
I dont expect to find them straight away but with time and patience they may show up. Rolling Eyes
sebillba
sebillba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down