Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wolseley hornet over rider

2 posters

Go down

wolseley hornet over rider Empty wolseley hornet over rider

Post  patanddavid2000 Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Does anyone know where I could purchase an over rider for my Hornet. I have recently purchased one but I am looking for another one to complete the restoration of my car. I am happy to buy two over riders if they come as a set. Many thanks!

patanddavid2000

http://patanddavid2000@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

wolseley hornet over rider Empty Re: wolseley hornet over rider

Post  Red Riley Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Rare as hens teeth. Even rotten ones go for high prices. I've had some repaired and re-chromed just to save them from the scrap bin, but I don't have any spare ones. Watch ebay, as they do come up for sale periodically, but be prepared to pay a premium if you can find any nice ones.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

wolseley hornet over rider Empty wolseley hornet over rider

Post  patanddavid2000 Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:32 am

Thank you for your reply. I bought a very good over rider from ebay about a month ago, including the postage it cost £94.00. The following day another over rider came up for sale, again on ebay. This one was a "buy it now" item and went within hours for £95.00. Unfortunately I just missed this one. However, once I can source another over rider, the only things left to do is to have the engine removed to sort out the compression, (I think that's what is happening!), and I need to have new carpets fitted, and then the restoration should be completed after 21 years. As you can imagine I am really keen to to get it all done.

patanddavid2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:52 pm

I've found a shop that does miracles with repairing and rechroming what most sane people would put in the scrap bin. But they're in Tennessee.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  patanddavid2000 Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Red Riley wrote:I've found a shop that does miracles with repairing and rechroming what most sane people would put in the scrap bin. But they're in Tennessee.

Many thanks for your help. I thought someone might like to know that 2 bumpers and 2 over riders were on ebay week ending 18/7/16. They weren't in very good order and they needed to be collected from Benfleet, Essex. However the seller did allow me to purchase one over rider, which he posted to me, and which is perfectly sound, although it has been repaired. The rest of the items are still unsold and the seller did say that he would be putting them back on ebay. If anyone would like to take a look, make sure you search WOLSLEY with only on E. The seller knows about the spelling and no doubt this will be rectified when he advertises them again.

patanddavid2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down