Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(rear) Panels

3 posters

Go down

(rear) Panels Empty (rear) Panels

Post  lchavasse Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi all,
I am looking for where to find panels. I have read on here M-Machine, but they do not do rear quarter panels and this is the main one that I need.

For anyone know where I can get (or have) rear quarter panels (both sides although right is more important) here in the UK.

Thanks
Lachlan

lchavasse

Back to top Go down

(rear) Panels Empty Re: (rear) Panels

Post  Red Riley Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:38 pm

You need to find a good panel maker, or a scrapped shell with usable quarters. No new panels are being made.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lchavasse Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Okay...
Are the arches the same as a standard mini? As if that is the case then I should be able to repair at least one of them.

lchavasse

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Inner wheel arches are the same. Heel boards and boot floors are the same, although the Elf needs an extension panel at the rear of the boot floor. Outer body panels are different except for the front wings. Gordon Furness (Catmint. Here's a link.) makes a few of the Elf/Hornet unique panel bits, but nobody that I know of makes the rear quarters.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  humph Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:36 am

As Red says really. Which bit of the rear panels need replacing? I have used Mini rear quarters to replace mine below the side windows and around the arches. If the damage is from the arch back then you'll have to fabricate. I've had to rebuild the bottom of these bits as they are a common rust trap. Good luck.

humph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down