Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner

3 posters

Go down

New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner Empty New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner

Post  emmaco Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Like most here, we've been a Mini family for over 40 years out here Southern California.

A few years back we pruned the fleet (of Mk I 1275 Cooper S's) and I had to keep one car (my favorite)- a 69 Mk III Elf automatic imported from New Zealand- light blue with a white top. Union Jack up top as required.

It's the ideal little comfortable cruiser. It runs all day, shifts nicely, and actually has some ventilation so the summer isn't an "off season" with sliding windows.

Frankly, it's been sitting in the garage until our teenage daughter decided it would make for an ideal car for the commute to school.

Still sorting out a few issues, but it runs reliably. Will post a few pictures soon.

John

emmaco

Back to top Go down

New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner Empty new member

Post  shelly20 Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:22 pm

hi john,welcome to the site.

so you have been into these little babys for 40 years,nice to hear you kept the elf.

I have 2 the same as yours,light blue with white roofs.

you will have to put up a few pictures.

keep us posted on the little jobs.

Jason in ireland

shelly20

Back to top Go down

New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner Empty Re: New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner

Post  TONYELF Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 am

Welcome to the forum John.

Unfortunately you will not be able to put photos on until you have submitted at least Five posts. Sorry!
Looking forward to you photos though!
Tony
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner Empty Re: New to the Register- Mk III Elf Owner

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down