Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet:

3 posters

Go down

Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet: Empty Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet:

Post  David2010 Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:54 pm

As I've only started searching this afternoon for the above - I have so far, drawn a blank on all but the Fisholow plate.
These can be obtained from John Viner in Donnington (j.viner@btinternet.com).
There seems to be no problem in obtaining a blank VIN (chassis) plate carrying the British Motor Corporation inscription across the top
but getting one with" Wolseley Motors Limited " (or indeed, " Riley Motors Limited ") seems to be a problem.

Surpringly, I'm also having difficulty sourcing the narow silver alloy blank engine plate as seen on all BMC A-Series engines.

The bad news is that my Hornet has none of the above 3 plates - all rmoved by person or persons unknown.
The good news is that I have the car's original Irish buff-coloured Log Book which supplies both chassis & engine numbers.

Can anyone help with the sourcing of blank Wolseley VIN (Chassis) & blank BMC A-Series engine plates ?
David2010.
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet: Empty Re: Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet:

Post  Red Riley Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:34 am

Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet: Empty Re: Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet:

Post  Alex Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Mini Mail are suppliers par excellence of all VIN, engine and chassis plates - Tim even has the correct reverse letter stamps for embossing them.
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet: Empty Complete set of blank plates ( VIN ; Engine & Fisholow) for my '66 Hornet :

Post  David2010 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 am

Alex wrote:Mini Mail are suppliers par excellence of all VIN, engine and chassis plates - Tim even has the correct reverse letter stamps for embossing them.

Do you know if he stocks a VIN plate with the heading " Wolseley Motor Company " ?
I've only been offered VIN plates with the " British Motor Corporation" heading.

David 2010
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Complete set of Blank Plates (VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW) for my recently acquired '66 Hornet: Empty COMPLETE SET OF BLANK PLATES ( VIN ; ENGINE ; FISHOLOW ) FOR MY '66 HORNET :

Post  David2010 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Red Riley wrote:Try these guys.
http://www.vintagebrassplates.co.uk/

Greetings and a belated Happy New Year Red Riley from the Emerald Isle,

I've been in touch with the above company via e-mail and strange-to-report
they say that they have never been asked for any of these plates before.
Their suggestion " find a similar Hornet - complete with plates - photograph them & they will do the rest ".
Might have to do just that.
David2010.
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:45 pm

I don't know if Mini Mail have WMC plates - they do seem to have most everything though.

Worth emailing them and asking.
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down