Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale

2 posters

Go down

Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale Empty Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale

Post  TONYELF Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Ben has now decided to sell his Elf. He has not managed to continue with the restoration so it is in similar condition as the original photos he put on the forum. See link below and if interested please contact Ben by PM. He lives near Oswestry and is looking for around £1000.
Thanks

Tony
Admin

https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/t16-freda-s-nose-job?highlight=Freda#742
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale Empty 1963 Mk I Elf

Post  freda Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks Tony for putting this on the main board.

So, to give everyone a few more details, Freda was first registered 1st March 1963, which makes it quite an early Elf. It has the 848cc engine and dry suspension.

It was taken off the road by it's previous owner (a Mr Riley!!) in 1987 who stripped it down to restore after he had completed another Elf. Unfortunately he became ill and was never able to finish it. I heard about the car in 2007 and had always wanted to restore an old mini, so bought it with lots of good intentions. However, I have to admit now that I shall never be able to do anything with it due to lack of time with other commitments, so offer it for sale to somebody else.

Although it's been off the road for 25 years, it's always been dry stored and as such the rear end isn't in bad shape at all. The front end has suffered more so though, and currently has no wings, a crumpled front panel, no A-panels or doors. I have heritage A-panels (inner and outer) and door skins to put on as well as a good secondhand early full skirt front panel (must be very rare by now?...). As I bought the car as a shell with many boxes of bits, I cannot gaurantee that everything is there to complete the restoration, but it seems to be pretty much there - maybe with the exception of some door furniture.

She also comes with a spare 848cc magic wand engine and gearbox and two spare sets of seats and internal trim.

It's pre A reg so carries a three number, three letter plate.

I'm looking for around £1000 for the whole lot.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I shall do my best to answer.

Thanks for looking.

Ben

freda
freda

Back to top Go down

Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale Empty car now for sale on ebay

Post  freda Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi guys

I now realise that I was being hopelessly optimistic with my price for the car, as this thread died a death!...

But, I really need the garage space for my other mini to get it undercover for the winter, so the Elf is now for sale on Ebay with no reserve.

There are lots more pictures to give you an idea of the condition of the car.

Again, if you have any questions, please just shout.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/riley-elf-/181036732246?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a26a14f56

Thanks

Ben
freda
freda

Back to top Go down

Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale Empty Re: Freda (Elf 1963 Mk 1) For sale

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down