Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Mini Meet Birmingham August 2009

Go down

International Mini Meet Birmingham August 2009 Empty International Mini Meet Birmingham August 2009

Post  Elf Service Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:50 am

Latest news.
Just met up with the organisers this evening and the deal is pretty well as described in my early messages.
Day passes will be £12.00 pre-booked or £15.00 on the day. Weekend passes are £55.00 + admin charge.
The entertainment for the Saturday evening will be at least two live rock bands, one a local tribute band called Quill, I know this band and they are very good, the other is still to be confirmed but is a very well known 70's band.
They have over 1000 confirmed and paid up bookings for the weekend and expect to have around 5000 visitors both and the Saturday and Sunday. If the weather decides to co-operate, this could swell to 8000. They have Mini clubs booked in from Mexico, Australia (20 vehicles), USA most European countries etc. Although the weekend pass is expensive, a single day pass is quite reasonable and they expect most local UK visitors will just come along for one of the days.
There will be various competitions and challenges throughout the Saturday and Sunday with the usual Best car prizes for the Saturday and Sunday.
Cofton Park is located next to what was the Austin Works (South West Birmingham) and is ideally located for visiting Birmingham centre (7 Miles), Stratford upon Avon, Worcester, Malvern Hills etc so if you decide to make a weekend of it, there will be plenty to do both at the show and or other local attractions.
As a club we will be allowed up to 20 cars on each day which I believe is more than enough.
I know this is in August but this will be a show to remember being it is the International Mini Meet and the 50 anniversary of the first Mini rolling off the production line in August 1959.
Hope this information helps.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down